Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Vitamin Shoppe, Inc. (NYSE:VSI).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Vitamin Shoppe, Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Archbold Michael G: act as President & COO. On 09/08/2011, sold 32,080 shares, worth $1,454,200.
- Markee Richard L: act as Exec. Chairman of the Board. On 09/08/2011, sold 5,625 shares, worth $248,900.
- Truesdale Anthony N: act as CEO(Click HERE for the list of stocks that their CEOs have bought). On 09/01/2011, sold 2,305 shares, worth $101,700.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Vitamin Shoppe, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- ALYDAR PARTNERS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 370,700 shares, worth $16,963,232. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- FOX POINT CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 125,000 shares, worth $5,720,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- MADISON INVESTMENT HOLDINGS INC: On 06/30/2011, held 97,205 shares, worth $4,448,101. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- WEISS MULTI-STRATEGY ADVISERS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 84,631 shares, worth $3,872,715. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- BATTERYMARCH FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 32,800 shares, worth $1,500,928. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Vitamin Shoppe, Inc., sells vitamins, minerals, herbs, supplements, sports nutrition and health and wellness products. The Company sells their products through their retail shops, internet and catalog operations.
Competitors to Watch: Vitacost.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:VITC), CVS (NYSE:CVS), drugstore.com, inc. (NASDAQ:DSCM), China Nepstar Chain Drugstore Ltd. (NYSE:NPD), Graymark Healthcare Inc (NASDAQ:GRMH), Rite Aid Corporation (NYSE:RAD), PetMed Express, Inc. (NASDAQ:PETS), Sally Beauty Hldgs., Inc. (NYSE:SBH), Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT), Target (NYSE:TGT), Walgreen Company (NYSE:WAG), and Perfumania Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ:PERF).
(Note: Data regarding Vitamin Shoppe, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>