W.R. Berkley: Institutional Investors Buying Shares in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of W.R. Berkley Corporation (NYSE:WRB).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of W.R. Berkley Corporation in Q3 2011:
- ARTISAN PARTNERS LIMITED PARTNERSHIP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 4,435,900 shares, worth $131,701,871.
- MUNDER CAPITAL MANAGEMENT: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 300,573 shares, worth $8,924,012.
- LIBERTY MUTUAL GROUP ASSET MANAGEMENT INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 184,966 shares, worth $5,491,641.
- TEXAS PERMANENT SCHOOL FUND: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 143,758 shares, worth $4,268,175.
- HUSSMAN ECONOMETRICS ADVISORS, INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 100,000 shares, worth $2,969,000.
About the company: W. R. Berkley Corporation, an insurance holding company, conducts operations in various segments of the property casualty insurance business. Segments include specialty lines of insurance, alternative markets, reinsurance, regional property casualty insurance, and international.
Competitors to Watch: White Mountains Insurance Group, Ltd. (NYSE:WTM), American Financial Group (NYSE:AFG), The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE:TRV), First Mercury Financial Corp. (NYSE:FMR), Global Indemnity plc (NASDAQ:GBLI), OneBeacon Insurance Group, Ltd. (NYSE:OB), Markel Corporation (NYSE:MKL), Arch Capital Group Ltd. (NASDAQ:ACGL), and CNA Financial Corporation (NYSE:CNA).
(Note: Data regarding W.R. Berkley Corporation’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>