W.W. Grainger: Big Capital Institutions Buying Shares in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of W.W. Grainger, Inc. (NYSE:GWW).
SEC data indicate that no insiders have bought W.W. Grainger, Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of W.W. Grainger, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 174,857 shares, worth $26,053,693.
- BRC INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 79,682 shares, worth $11,872,618.
- EAGLE ASSET MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 74,950 shares, worth $11,167,550.
- HALLMARK CAPITAL MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 39,257 shares, worth $5,849,293.
- TEXAS PERMANENT SCHOOL FUND: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 38,660 shares, worth $5,760,340.
About the company: W.W. Grainger, Inc. distributes maintenance, repair and operating supplies, and related information to the commercial, industrial, contractor, and institutional markets in North America. The Company’s products include motors, HVAC equipment, lighting, hand and power tools, pumps, and electrical equipment.
Competitors to Watch: Fastenal Company (NASDAQ:FAST), Interline Brands, Inc. (NYSE:IBI), Anixter International Inc. (NYSE:AXE), WESCO International, Inc. (NYSE:WCC), Watsco, Incorporated (NYSE:WSO), Houston Wire & Cable Co. (NASDAQ:HWCC), Hudson Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:HDSN), Snap-on Incorporated (NYSE:SNA), and Record Electric SAECA (NYSE:REC).
(Note: Data regarding W.W. Grainger, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>