Wall Street Analysts Issue New Stock Ratings August 11th
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about companies for which stock analysts initiated coverage on August 11th:
- BioTime (AMEX:BTX): WBB Securities initiated coverage on this company with a rating of Speculative Buy and a price target of $6. About the company: BioTime, Inc. researches and develops synthetic solutions that can be used as blood plasma volume expanders, blood replacement solutions during hypothermic surgery, and organ preservation solutions. The Company also operates in regenerative medicine sector, where it develops stem cell related products and technology for diagnostic, therapeutic and research use.
- Nanometrics (NASDAQ:NANO): Stifel Nicolaus initiated coverage on this company with a rating of Buy and a price target of $22. About the company: Nanometrics Incorporated manufactures film thickness and overly metrology systems. The Company’s products are used for advanced integrated circuit, flat panel display, and magnetic head manufacturing.
- Integrated Device (NASDAQ:IDTI): Wunderlich initiated coverage of this company with a rating of Buy and a price target of $9. About the company: Integrated Device Technology, Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, and markets a variety of semiconductor products and modules. Applications for the Company’s products include data and telecommunications equipment, storage area networks, networked peripherals and servers, and personal computers. The Company markets its products on a worldwide basis primarily to original equipment manufacturers.
- Cypress Semi (NASDAQ:CY): Wunderlich initiated coverage of this company with a rating of Buy and a price target of $25. About the company: Cypress Semiconductor Corporation designs, develops, manufactures, and markets a line of digital and mixed-signal integrated circuits. The Company’s circuits are used in the data communications, telecommunications, computers, and instrumentation systems markets. Cypress’ products are marketed worldwide through a network of sales offices, distributors, and sales representative firm.
- Entropic Comms (NASDAQ:ENTR): Wunderlich initiated coverage of this company with a rating of Buy and a price target of $8. About the company: Entropic Communications, Inc. designs, develops and outsources the manufacture of, semiconductors. The Company markets semiconductors that enable the home networking of digital entertainment over existing coaxial cable.
- SMSC (NASDAQ:SMSC): Wunderlich initiated coverage of this company with a rating of Buy and a price target of $36. About the company: Standard Microsystems Corporation manufactures semiconductors. The Company produces controllers for embedded networking, ethernet controllers and transceivers, flash media card readers and drives, hub controllers, physical layers transceivers, controls for temperature, voltage, and fan speed, and components for automotive infotainment systems.
- Silicon Labs (NASDAQ:SLAB): Wunderlich initiated coverage of this company with a rating of Hold and a price target of $33. About the company: Silicon Laboratories Inc. designs and develops analog-intensive, mixed-signal integrated circuits for the wireless, wireline, and optical communications industries. Mixed-signal ICs are electronic components that process both digital signals and real-world analog signals, such as sound and radio waves.
(Note: Data on stock ratings are sourced from Briefing.com via the Wall St. Journal. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>