Following are some stocks showing big percentage moves on our trading screens:
- Education Management Corp (NASDAQ:EDMC): Up +21.97%. Education Management Corporation provides proprietary post-secondary education in the United States. The Company offers, through its operating units, associate’s and bachelor’s degree programs and non-degree programs in the areas of design, media arts, culinary arts, fashion, and professional development.
- ITT Educational Services, Inc. (NYSE:ESI): Up +21.12%. ITT Educational Services, Inc. provides technology-oriented postsecondary degree programs in the United States. The Company’s institutes offer associate, bachelor, and master degree programs, as well as non-degree diploma programs.
- Strayer Education, Inc. (NASDAQ:STRA): Up +18.94%. Strayer Education, Inc. is the holding company of Strayer University, an institution of higher learning. Strayer University offers working adults undergraduate and graduate degree programs in business administration, accounting, information technology, education and public administration. Strayer offers courses in the eastern United States and through the Internet.
- DeVry Inc. (NYSE:DV): Up +14.58%. DeVry, Inc. owns and manages higher education systems throughout North America. The Institutions offers various degrees in a wide range of disciplines, including associate, bachelor’s and master’s degree programs in technology; healthcare technology; business and management, as well as online secondary education to school districts and medical education.
- Apollo Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:APOL): Up +11.16%. Apollo Group, Inc. provides higher education programs for working adults. The Company provides educational programs and services at the high school, undergraduate, and graduate levels online and on-campus through subsidiaries.
- Vera Bradley, Inc. (NASDAQ:VRA): Down -13.62%. Vera Bradley, Inc. designs, produces and retails fashion accessories for women. The Company markets handbags, accessories and travel and leisure items through its chain of retail stores and independent retailers.
- The Fresh Market Inc (NASDAQ:TFM): Down -11.71%. Fresh Market, Inc. retails food. The Company operates a chain of stores that retail fresh premium perishable food items. Fresh Market operates in the southeastern, midwestern and mid-Atlantic states. Competitors to Watch: Whole Foods Market, Inc. (NASDAQ:WFM), Safeway Inc. (NYSE:SWY), The Kroger Co. (NYSE:KR), Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT), Target (NYSE:TGT), Costco (NASDAQ:COST), BJ’s Wholesale (NYSE:BJ), Ruddick Corporation (NYSE:RDK), Ingles Markets, Inc. (NASDAQ:IMKTA), Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc. (NASDAQ:WINN), SUPERVALU INC. (NYSE:SVU), Weis Markets, Inc. (NYSE:WMK), and Arden Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:ARDNA).
- Universal Display Corporation (NASDAQ:PANL): Down -9.34%. Universal Display Corporation is a member of the United States Display Consortium. The consortium is a cooperative industry/government effort aimed at developing an infrastructure to support a North American flat panel display infrastructure. The Company and its partners are developing high-resolution, full color, light weight Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED) technology.
- Ulta Salon, Cosmetics & Fragrance, Inc. (NASDAQ:ULTA): Down -6.52%. Ulta Salon, Cosmetics & Fragrance, Inc. sells cosmetics, fragrances, skin and hair care products, appliances, and accessories. The Company also offers hair salon services, manicures, pedicures, massages, and other beauty & spa treatments.
- Sealed Air Corp. (NYSE:SEE): Down -6.04%. Sealed Air Corporation manufactures a wide range of packaging and performance-based materials and equipment systems. The Company’s products serve an array of food, industrial, medical, and consumer applications.