Following are some stocks showing big percentage moves on our trading screens:
- White Mountains Insurance Group, Ltd. (NYSE:WTM): Up +15%. White Mountains Insurance Group Ltd., through its subsidiaries and affiliates, provides property and casualty insurance, and reinsurance. The Company’s primary strategic goal is to invest in operating businesses in which management has knowledge and experience.
- Nevsun Resources (AMEX:NSU): Up +13.48%. Nevsun Resources Ltd. is a mineral exploration and development company. The Company mines for gold in Ghana and Mali, Africa.
- Northern Oil & Gas, Inc. (AMEX:NOG): Up +11.7%. Northern Oil and Gas, Inc. is an oil and gas exploration and production company. The Company is currently focused on the Rocky Mountain regions of the United States.
- Gen-Probe Incorporated (NASDAQ:GPRO): Up +9.35%. Gen-Probe Incorporated develops, manufactures, and commercializes diagnostic products based on its genetic probe technologies. The company’s products are used for the clinical diagnosis of human diseases and for screening donated human blood. Clinical diagnostic products are marketed to laboratories and public health institutions in the United States and Canada.
- The New York Times Company (NYSE:NYT): Up +9.32%. The New York Times Company, a diversified media company, conducts operations in newspapers, magazines, television and radio stations, and electronic information and publishing. The Company’s publications include “The New York Times,” “The Boston Globe,” and the “International Herald Tribune.”. New York Times also holds interests in a newsprint mill and a paper mill.
- Herbalife Ltd. (NYSE:HLF): Down -48.69%. Herbalife Ltd. is a network marketing company that sells weight management, nutritional supplement and personal care products. The Company sells its products globally through a network of independent distributors. Herbalife also sells literature and promotional materials.
- Staples, Inc. (NASDAQ:SPLS): Down -15.37%. Staples, Inc. retails office supplies, furniture, and technology. The Company’s customers include consumers and businesses in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Germany. Staples serves its customers through office superstores, mail order catalogs, the Internet, and a contract business.
- Brady Corporation (NYSE:BRC): Down -6.79%. Brady Corporation manufactures industrial identification solutions. The Company’s products include labels, coated materials, signs, software, printing systems, and data-collection systems. Brady sells its products to a variety of industries around the world, including telecommunications, electrical, electronics, and manufacturing.
- AFLAC Incorporated (NYSE:AFL): Down -6.31%. Aflac, Inc. is a general business holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, provides supplemental insurance to individuals in the United States and Japan. Aflac’s products include accident/disability plans, cancer expense plans, short-term disability plans, sickness and hospital indemnity plans, hospital intensive care plans, and fixed-benefit dental plans.
- Office Depot, Inc. (NYSE:ODP): Down -5.45%. Office Depot, Inc. operates a chain of office product warehouse stores in North America, Europe, Asia and Central America. The Company sells branded merchandise and provides business services primarily to small and medium-sized businesses and the home office market.