Following are some stocks showing big percentage moves on our trading screens:
- Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE:BKS): Up +29.91%. Barnes & Noble, Inc. operates superstores and mall-based bookstores throughout the US. The Company operates book superstores under the names Barnes & Noble Booksellers, Bookstop, and Bookstar. Barnes & Noble also operates bookstores in shopping malls under the names B. Dalton Bookseller, Doubleday Book Shops, and Scribner’s Bookstore.
- Jiayuan.com International Ltd (NASDAQ:DATE): Up +19.5%.
- Acorda Therapeutics Inc. (NASDAQ:ACOR): Up +13.74%. Acorda Therapeutics Inc. is a biotechnology company that is developing therapies for spinal cord injury and related neurological conditions, including multiple sclerosis. Additionally, Acorda is developing multiple approaches to regeneration and repair of the spinal cord and brain.
- Foot Locker, Inc. (NYSE:FL): Up +12.8%. Foot Locker, Inc. is primarily a mall-based athletic retailer that operates athletic retail stores in countries located in North America, Europe, and Australia. The Company provides athletic footwear and apparel through its Foot Locker, Lady Foot Locker, Kids Foot Locker, and Champs Sports retail stores. Foot Locker also operates a direct-to-consumer channel, Footlocker.com/Eastbay.
- salesforce.com, inc. (NYSE:CRM): Up +7.95%. Salesforce.com, Inc. provides software on demand. The Company supplies a customer relationship management service to businesses worldwide providing a technology platform for customers and developers to build and run business applications. Clients use Salesforce.com to manage their customer, sales and operational data.
- The Gap Inc. (NYSE:GPS): Down -17.48%. The Gap, Inc., is an international specialty retailer operating retail and outlet stores. The Company sells casual apparel, accessories and personal care products for men, women, and children. The Gap operates stores in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Ireland, and Japan.
- Aruba Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ:ARUN): Down -17.1%. Aruba Networks Inc. provides enterprise mobility solutions that enables secure access to data, voice and video applications across wireless and wireline enterprise networks.
- Aeropostale, Inc. (NYSE:ARO): Down -14.25%. Aeropostale, Inc. is a mall-based retailer of casual apparel and accessories that targets young women and men in the pre-teen and teenage market. The Company’s stores provide active-oriented, fashion basic merchandise. Aeropostale operates stores throughout the United States.
- LDK Solar Co., Ltd (NYSE:LDK): Down -11.57%. LDK Solar Company, Ltd. manufactures multicrystalline solar wafers. The Company sells multicrystalline wafers globally to manufacturers of photovoltaic products including solar cells and solar modules. Solar wafers are the principal raw material used to produce solar cells which convert sunlight into electricity.
- Semiconductor Manufacturing Int’l (NYSE:SMI): Down -10.5%. Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation manufactures, trades, packages, tests, and provides computer-aided design integrated circuits. The Company also provides other semiconductor services. In addition, Semiconductor designs masks.