Waste Connections’s New Major Institutional Investors in Quarterly Filing
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Waste Connections Inc. (NYSE:WCN).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Waste Connections Inc. in Q3 2011:
- FRANKLIN RESOURCES INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 949,583 shares, worth $32,029,435.
- AXA: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 240,000 shares, worth $8,095,200.
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 152,940 shares, worth $5,158,666.
- TEXAS PERMANENT SCHOOL FUND: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 143,159 shares, worth $4,828,753.
- DRIEHAUS CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 117,600 shares, worth $3,966,648.
About the company: Waste Connections, Inc. provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, and recycling services in secondary markets of the western United States. The Company owns and operates collection facilities, transfer stations, landfills, and recycling facilities.
Competitors to Watch: Waste Management, Inc. (NYSE:WM), Republic Services, Inc. (NYSE:RSG), Casella Waste Systems Inc. (NASDAQ:CWST), WCA Waste Corporation (NASDAQ:WCAA), Perma-Fix Environmental Services, Inc. (NASDAQ:PESI), IESI BFC Ltd (NYSE:BIN), Avalon Holdings Corp. (AMEX:AWX), Industrial Services of America, Inc. (NASDAQ:IDSA), Stericycle, Inc. (NASDAQ:SRCL), and GreenGold Ray Energies, Inc. (GRYE).
(Note: Data regarding Waste Connections Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>