Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Waste Connections Inc. (NYSE:WCN).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Waste Connections Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Bouck Steven F: act as President. On 08/26/2011, sold 95,000 shares, worth $3,181,600.
- Chambliss Darrell W: act as COO. On 08/25/2011, sold 47,100 shares, worth $1,601,400.
- Mittelstaedt Ronald J: act as CEO(Click HERE for the list of stocks that their CEOs have bought). On 08/25/2011, sold 23,750 shares, worth $814,600.
- Jackman Worthing: act as CFO(Click HERE for the list of stocks that their CFOs have bought). On 08/26/2011, sold 15,000 shares, worth $522,200.
- Little James: act as Senior Vice President. On 08/24/2011, sold 15,443 shares, worth $519,200.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Waste Connections Inc. in Q3 2011:
- CHAMPLAIN INVESTMENT PARTNERS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 2,194,565 shares, worth $69,282,417. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- OMERS ADMINISTRATION CORP: On 06/30/2011, held 203,600 shares, worth $6,427,652. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF TEXAS: On 06/30/2011, held 91,500 shares, worth $2,888,655. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- SEI TRUST CO: On 06/30/2011, held 72,409 shares, worth $2,285,952. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- BNP PARIBAS ARBITRAGE, SA: On 06/30/2011, held 72,104 shares, worth $2,276,323. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Waste Connections, Inc. provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, and recycling services in secondary markets of the western United States. The Company owns and operates collection facilities, transfer stations, landfills, and recycling facilities.
Competitors to Watch: Waste Management, Inc. (NYSE:WM), Republic Services, Inc. (NYSE:RSG), Casella Waste Systems Inc. (NASDAQ:CWST), WCA Waste Corporation (NASDAQ:WCAA), Perma-Fix Environmental Services, Inc. (NASDAQ:PESI), IESI BFC Ltd (NYSE:BIN), Avalon Holdings Corp. (AMEX:AWX), Industrial Services of America, Inc. (NASDAQ:IDSA), Stericycle, Inc. (NASDAQ:SRCL), and GreenGold Ray Energies, Inc. (GRYE).
(Note: Data regarding Waste Connections Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>