Weingarten Realty: Major Funds Buying Shares in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Weingarten Realty Investors (NYSE:WRI).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Weingarten Realty Investors in Q3 2011:
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,945,555 shares, worth $61,503,188.
- BROOKFIELD ASSET MANAGEMENT INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,913,359 shares, worth $39,950,936.
- LORD ABBETT & CO LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,581,200 shares, worth $33,015,456.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 159,200 shares, worth $3,324,096.
- TEXAS PERMANENT SCHOOL FUND: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 153,040 shares, worth $3,195,475.
About the company: Weingarten Realty Investors is a real estate investment trust with income producing properties primarily in the Southwest. The Trust’s properties include shopping centers, office/service centers, apartment projects and office buildings.
Competitors to Watch: One Liberty Properties, Inc. (NYSE:OLP), Urstadt Biddle Properties Inc. (NYSE:UBA), General Growth Properties, Inc (NYSE:GGP), Inland Real Estate Corp. (NYSE:IRC), The Macerich Company (NYSE:MAC), Cedar Shopping Centers Inc (NYSE:CDR), Alexander’s, Inc. (NYSE:ALX), Roberts Realty Investors, Inc. (AMEX:RPI), Entertainment Properties Trust (NYSE:EPR), and Ramco-Gershenson Properties Trust (NYSE:RPT).
(Note: Data regarding Weingarten Realty Investors’ stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>