Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of WellPoint Inc. (NYSE:WLP).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold WellPoint Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Burke Sheila P: act as Director. On 11/03/2011, sold 6,620 shares, worth $451,500.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of WellPoint Inc. in Q3 2011:
- MASON CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 2,503,310 shares, worth $196,384,670. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- MAVERICK CAPITAL LTD: On 06/30/2011, held 1,782,368 shares, worth $139,826,770. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- GLENVIEW CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,754,801 shares, worth $137,664,138. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- RAINIER INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT INC/: On 06/30/2011, held 1,351,720 shares, worth $106,042,434. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- MERITAGE GROUP LP: On 06/30/2011, held 1,069,900 shares, worth $83,933,655. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: WellPoint Inc. is a health benefits company. The Company provides health benefits, dental and vision benefits, pharmacy benefits, life insurance, and life and disability insurance benefits. WellPoint operations include Blue Cross and Blue Shield plans.
Competitors to Watch: CIGNA Corporation (NYSE:CI), Humana Inc. (NYSE:HUM), UnitedHealth Group Inc. (NYSE:UNH), Aetna Inc. (NYSE:AET), Universal American Corp. (NYSE:UAM), Health Net, Inc. (NYSE:HNT), HealthSpring, Inc (NYSE:HS), Molina Healthcare, Inc. (NYSE:MOH), Coventry Health Care, Inc. (NYSE:CVH), and Triple-S Management Corp. (NYSE:GTS).
(Note: Data regarding WellPoint Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>