WellPoint: Institutional Investors Supporting Stock in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of WellPoint Inc. (NYSE:WLP).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of WellPoint Inc. in Q3 2011:
- HEALTHCOR MANAGEMENT, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,000,000 shares, worth $65,280,000.
- SAMLYN CAPITAL, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 981,900 shares, worth $64,098,432.
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 980,794 shares, worth $64,026,232.
- PARTNER FUND MANAGEMENT, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 890,019 shares, worth $58,100,440.
- ALYESKA INVESTMENT GROUP, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 566,000 shares, worth $36,948,480.
About the company: WellPoint Inc. is a health benefits company. The Company provides health benefits, dental and vision benefits, pharmacy benefits, life insurance, and life and disability insurance benefits. WellPoint operations include Blue Cross and Blue Shield plans.
Competitors to Watch: CIGNA Corporation (NYSE:CI), Humana Inc. (NYSE:HUM), UnitedHealth Group Inc. (NYSE:UNH), Aetna Inc. (NYSE:AET), Universal American Corp. (NYSE:UAM), Health Net, Inc. (NYSE:HNT), HealthSpring, Inc (NYSE:HS), Molina Healthcare, Inc. (NYSE:MOH), Coventry Health Care, Inc. (NYSE:CVH), and Triple-S Management Corp. (NYSE:GTS).
(Note: Data regarding WellPoint Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>