West Coast Bancorp: Institutional Investors Selling Stock in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of West Coast Bancorp (NASDAQ:WCBO).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of West Coast Bancorp in Q3 2011:
- DIMENSIONAL FUND ADVISORS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 371,951 shares, worth $6,233,899. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- KBW, INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 112,619 shares, worth $1,887,494. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- BRIDGEWAY CAPITAL MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 67,783 shares, worth $1,136,043. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CREDIT SUISSE AG/: On 06/30/2011, held 20,604 shares, worth $345,323. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- BLACKTHORN INVESTMENT GROUP LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 17,980 shares, worth $301,345. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: West Coast Bancorp is the holding company for West Coast Bank. The Bank provides community banking and related services to individuals, professionals, and small and medium-sized businesses through a network of offices in western Oregon and southwestern Washington.
Competitors to Watch: Cascade Bancorp (NASDAQ:CACB), Pacific Continental Corp. (NASDAQ:PCBK), Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE:WFC), Bank of America Corp. (NYSE:BAC), JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:JPM), U.S. Bancorp (NYSE:USB), Columbia Banking System, Inc. (NASDAQ:COLB), and Frontier Financial Corp. (FTBK).
(Note: Data regarding West Coast Bancorp’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>