West Marine: Exec Insider and Fund Stock Sale in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of West Marine Inc. (NASDAQ:WMAR).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold West Marine Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Moran Thomas R: act as CFO. On 11/14/2011, sold 28,805 shares, worth $271,300.
- Moran Thomas R: act as CFO. On 11/15/2011, sold 20,552 shares, worth $189,300.
- Edwards Bruce: act as Executive Vice President. On 11/07/2011, sold 5,840 shares, worth $52,900.
- Moran Thomas R: act as CFO. On 11/16/2011, sold 4,600 shares, worth $42,400.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of West Marine Inc. in Q3 2011:
- FIRST TRUST ADVISORS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 27,238 shares, worth $282,458. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- RBF CAPITAL, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 23,019 shares, worth $238,707. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- DIKER MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 12,398 shares, worth $128,567. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CREDIT SUISSE AG/: On 06/30/2011, held 11,512 shares, worth $119,379. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- OXFORD ASSET MANAGEMENT: On 06/30/2011, held 10,064 shares, worth $104,364. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: West Marine, Inc. retails recreational and commercial boating supplies and apparel under the West Marine and E&B Discount Marine brand names. The Company sells its products through specialty retail stores and catalogs. West Marine is also involved in the wholesale distribution of products to commercial customers and other retailers through its Port Supply business line and stores.
Competitors to Watch: MarineMax, Inc. (NYSE:HZO), Cabela’s Incorporated (NYSE:CAB), Golfsmith Intl. Hldgs., Inc. (NASDAQ:GOLF), Winmark Corporation (NASDAQ:WINA), Dick’s Sporting Goods, Inc. (NYSE:DKS), Dover Saddlery, Inc. (NASDAQ:DOVR), Sport Chalet, Inc. (NASDAQ:SPCHA).
(Note: Data regarding West Marine Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>