Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Western Digital Corp. (NYSE:WDC).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Western Digital Corp. in Q3 2011:
- JANUS CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,628,636 shares, worth $59,249,778. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- RENAISSANCE GROUP LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,568,591 shares, worth $57,065,341. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- SOROS FUND MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 994,849 shares, worth $36,192,607. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CAVALRY MANAGEMENT GROUP, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 841,675 shares, worth $30,620,137. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- HAYS ADVISORY LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 787,610 shares, worth $28,653,252. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Western Digital Corporation designs and manufactures hard drives for desktop computers and home entertainment applications.
Competitors to Watch: Seagate Technology PLC (NASDAQ:STX), EMC Corporation (NYSE:EMC), STEC, Inc. (NASDAQ:STEC), SanDisk Corporation (NASDAQ:SNDK), Dot Hill Systems Corp. (NASDAQ:HILL), Overland Storage, Inc. (NASDAQ:OVRL), Hutchinson Technology Inc. (NASDAQ:HTCH), Quantum Corporation (NYSE:QTM), ADPT Corporation (ADPT), and OCZ Technology Group Inc. (NASDAQ:OCZ).
(Note: Data regarding Western Digital Corp.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>