1) Zale Corporation (NYSE:ZLC): Jared who? Tiffany & Co. (NYSE:TIF) increased sales 11% over last year, and now Zale increased same store sales 8.5% during November and December. The stock was up over 5% after hours, but now is screaming 35% higher as shorts are probably getting their faces ripped off.
2) LeapFrog Enterprises (NYSE:LF): Shares of the toy maker are getting squashed to the tune of 23%. The company cut their outlook after sales of their popular Leapster Explorer stalled in December. LeapFrog forecast sales to rise 13-14% for the full year, but the company had already set expectations high on Wall Street with earlier estimates of 15-20% growth. See why competitor JAKKS is up >>
3) ITT Corporation (NYSE:ITT): Shares of the global engineering and manufacturing company are rocketing 14% on an announcement the firm will break into three companies: water management, aerospace and defense, and industrial products.
4) Strategic Diagnostics Inc. (NASDAQ:SDIX): Shares of this biotech company are up 42% after the food pathogen testing market specialist has passed a hurdle by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Their Salmonella Enteritidis Detection kit has been “determined to be equivalent in accuracy, precision and sensitivity to their current standard methods for poultry house environmental drag swabs and pooled egg testing.”
5) Telestone Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ:TSTC): Shares of this Chinese network solutions provider are getting cut 7.5% on allegations the company is involved with fraud. WorldCom anyone?
Don’t Miss: Dow 30 Quarterly Earnings Preview >>
Start Off 2011 by Improving Your Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter >>