What’s Moving These Shares January 7th?
1) Liz Claiborne (NYSE:LIZ): Shares crashed 15% as the fashion conglomerate cut its outlook saying sales “disappointed” and second-half goals will not be achieved.
2) KB Home (NYSE:KBH): The homebuilder beat Wall Street earnings expectations despite revenues declining 33% and profits crumbling 83%. KBH shares are up over 4% on the better-than-feared news. Don’t Miss: These 10 Homebuilder Stocks are Trending Now >>
3) Murphy Oil Corp. (NYSE:MUR): The Big Oil company said oil exploration in the Republic of Congo will not meet ambitious investor expectations. The stock is down over 4%.
4) Dendreon Corp. (NASDAQ:DNDN): The popular daytrading biotech firm will submit its prostate cancer drug Provenge for European approval later this year or early next year after meeting with regulators.
5) Immucor Inc. (NASDAQ:BLUD): The blood testing company beat Wall Street earnings expectations. Earnings climbed 6.9% on a small increase in sales. Shares are up ~7%.
Start Off 2011 by Improving Your Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter >>