The Dow Jones (NYSE:DIA) is trading higher 6 points to 12,497, the S&P 500 (NYSE:SPY) are trading lower 1 point at 1,315 and the Nasdaq (NASDAQ:QQQ) lower 2o points at 2,776 on the 134th trading day of 2011, as these stocks hit our radar:
1) ConocoPhillips (NYSE:COP): Shares of COP are higher 2.63% to $76.36 per share today. Over 33 million shares have traded hands. The company announced it will break up its refining and production operations, unlocking shareholder value today. ConocoPhillips is an international, integrated energy company which operates in several business segments. The Company explores for and produces petroleum, and refines, markets, supplies, and transports petroleum. ConocoPhillips also gathers and processes natural gas, and produces and distributes chemicals and plastics.
2) Southern Union Company (NYSE:SO): Shares are trading a tad lower at $40.28 per share. Over 2 million shares have traded hands. Jim Cramer recently rated this stock buy on his show yesterday. Today, one of the company’s executives announced his retirement. Southern Company is a public utility holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, generates, wholesales, and retails electricity in the southeastern United States. The Company also offers wireless telecommunications services, and provides businesses with two-way radio, telephone, paging, and Internet access services as well as wholesales fiber optic solutions.
3) JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:JPM): Shares of JPM are higher over 2.70% to $40.69 per share today. Over 50 million share have traded hands. The banking giant is displaying strong leadership today among all stocks following a well-liked earnings release. JPMorgan Chase & Co. provides global financial services and retail banking. The Company provides services such as investment banking, treasury and securities services, asset management, private banking, card member services, commercial banking, and home finance. JP Morgan Chase serves business enterprises, institutions, and individuals.
4) iShares Silver Trust (NYSE:SLV): Shares are shining higher over 1.5% to $37.80 per share. Over 50 million shares have traded hands. As fear resurfaces and Bernanke hints at more stimulus, investors are flocking to silver. iShares Silver Trust is a trust formed to invest in silver. The assets of the trust consist primarily of silver held by the custodian on behalf of the trust. The objective of the trust is for the shares to reflect the price of silver owned by the trust, less the trust’s expenses and liabilities.
5) SINA Corporation (NASDAQ:SINA): Shares of SINA are higher a half percent to $115.26 per share. Over 6 million shares have traded hands. Lots of Facebook chatter and a 2012 IPO is giving a lift to this Chines stock star. SINA Corporation is a global Internet media company operating Chinese-language destination sites. The Company offers a network of branded content and services targeting people of Chinese descent worldwide. SINA.com offers online news, entertainment, community, and commerce through web sites that are produced and updated by local teams in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and North America.