What’s Moving These Stocks June 20th?
The Dow Jones (NYSE:DIA) is trading up 88 points to 12,093, the S&P 500 (NYSE:SPY) is higher 7 points at 1,278 and the Nasdaq (NASDAQ:QQQ) is up 11 points to 2,628 on the 117th trading day of 2011, as these stocks hit our radar:
1) Amazon.com (NASDAQ:AMZN): Shares are higher a half percent to $187.21 per share. Over 1.3 million shares have traded hands. According to Reuters, “online purchases of consumer packaged goods from disposable diapers to processed food will more than double to $25 billion by 2014.” Online e-tailer Amazon stands to gain a major piece of the market share. Amazon.com, Inc. is an online retailer that offers a wide range of products. The Company’s products include books, music, videotapes, computers, electronics, home and garden, and numerous other products. Amazon offers personalized shopping services, Web-based credit card payment, and direct shipping to customers. Competitors to Watch: eBay Inc. (NASDAQ:EBAY), Overstock.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:OSTK), Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE:WMT), Google Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOG), Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE:BKS), Costco Wholesale Corp. (NASDAQ:COST), Best Buy Co., Inc. (NYSE:BBY), OverStock.com (NASDAQ:OSTK), HSN (NASDAQ:HSNI), PC Mall, Inc. (NASDAQ:MALL), Target (NYSE:TGT) and Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL).
2) JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:JPM): Shares are down .2% to $40.72 per share. Over 9 million shares have traded hands this morning. The bank is one of the strongest among the U.S. giants and manages to pay an annual dividend to shareholders of 2.5%. Banking deals continue to get done in a high fear environment. Mergers and acquisitions are picking up, a health sign of activity for investment bankers. PNC just bought RBC and Capital One just bought ING’s U.S. online banking division. JPMorgan Chase & Co. provides global financial services and retail banking. The Company provides services such as investment banking, treasury and securities services, asset management, private banking, card member services, commercial banking, and home finance. JP Morgan Chase serves business enterprises, institutions, and individuals. Key Competitors to Watch: Wells Fargo (NYSE:WFC), Citigroup (NYSE:C), Bank of America (NYSE:BAC), and US Bancorp (NYSE:USB).
3) Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX): Shares of Netflix are lower 1% today to $243 per share. Over 1.4 million share have traded hands. Netflix Pulling Movies From This Company. Netflix Inc. is an online movie rental service. The Company ships DVDs with no due dates or late fees, directly to the subscriber’s address. Netflix also provides background information on DVD releases, including critic reviews, member reviews and ratings, and personalized movie recommendations. Competitors to Watch: Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN), Dish Networks (NASDAQ:DISH), Best Buy (NYSE:BBY), Comcast (NASDAQ:CMCSA), AOL (NYSE:AOL), Time Warner (NYSE:TWX), Time Warner Cable (NYSE:TWC), DirecTV (NASDAQ:DTV), TiVo (NASDAQ:TIVO), Echostar (NASDAQ:SATS), Coinstar, Inc. (NASDAQ:CSTR), Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) and IMAX (NASDAQ:IMAX).
4) SINA Corporation (NASDAQ:SINA): Shares are down .15% to $80.45 per share today. Over 5 million shares have traded hands. Is the stock oversold on heighten China fears? The price per share recently broke below the 200-day moving average. Will buyers emerge soon? SINA Corporation is a global Internet media company operating Chinese-language destination sites. The Company offers a network of branded content and services targeting people of Chinese descent worldwide. SINA.com offers online news, entertainment, community, and commerce through web sites that are produced and updated by local teams in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and North America. Competitors to Watch: SINA Corporation (YIN), Sohu.com Inc. (NASDAQ:SOHU), Baidu.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:BIDU), Google Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOG), Yahoo! Inc. (NASDAQ:YHOO), NetEase.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:NTES), Youku.com Inc (NYSE:YOKU), Shanda Interactive Entertainment Ltd ADR (NASDAQ:SNDA), Rediff.com India Ltd. (NASDAQ:REDF), and AOL, Inc. (NYSE:AOL).
5) Caterpillar (NYSE:CAT): Shares are higher over 1.5% to $97.46 per share today. Over 3 million shares have traded hands. The stock is displaying Dow leadership to the upside today. CAT reported to the SEC in a filing three-month sales ending in May were up 52%. Caterpillar Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets construction, mining, agricultural, and forestry machinery. The Company also manufactures engines and other related parts for its equipment, and offers financing and insurance. Caterpillar distributes its products through a worldwide organization of dealers. Competitors to Watch: Deere & Company (NYSE:DE), General Electric Company (NYSE:GE), Astec Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ:ASTE), Columbus McKinnon Corp. (NASDAQ:CMCO), Manitowoc Company, Inc. (NYSE:MTW), Cummins Inc. (NYSE:CMI), CNH Global N.V. (NYSE:CNH), Navistar Intl. Corp. (NYSE:NAV), Terex Corporation (NYSE:TEX), and Lindsay Corporation (NYSE:LNN).
6) General Electric (NYSE:GE): Shares are up .19% to $18.52 per share today. Over 14 million shares have traded hands. The company stated it reached tentative four-year agreements on new labor contracts. General Electric Company is a diversified technology, media and financial services company. The Company offers products and services ranging from aircraft engines, power generation, and water processing technology to medical imaging, business and consumer financing, media content and industrial products. General Electric conducts operations globally. Competitors to Watch: Citigroup, Inc. (NYSE:C), 3M (NYSE:MMM), Hitachi (NYSE:HIT), United Technologies (NYSE:UTX), Honeywell (NYSE:HON), Agilent (NYSE:A), Danaher (NYSE:DHR), Textron (NYSE:TXT) OSI Systems (OSI), Koninklijke Philips Electronics NV (NYSE:PHG), and Siemens AG (NYSE:SI).
7) AOL Inc. (NYSE:AOL): Shares are down .58% to $20.45 per share today. Over 400,000 shares have traded hands. Over 1 million people have read the leaked AOL business strategy document revealing all of their plans for 2011. Competitors are taking notes of the AOL way, and the stock is going nowhere. AOL Inc is a web services company. The Company’s business spans online content, products and services that the company offers consumers, publishers and advertisers. AOL focuses on attracting consumers and providing online advertising services on company owned and operated properties as well as third party websites. AOL also operates an internet subscription access service. Competitors to Watch: Google Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOG), Yahoo! Inc. (NASDAQ:YHOO), Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT), IAC/InterActiveCorp (NASDAQ:IACI), Disney (NYSE:DIS), News Corporation (NASDAQ:NWSA), The New York Times Company (NYSE:NYT), CBS Corporation (NYSE:CBS), Time Warner (NYSE:TWX), Gannett (NYSE:GNI) and Baidu.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:BIDU).
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter >>