Whirlpool: Major Shareholders Cashing Stock in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Whirlpool Corp. (NYSE:WHR).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Whirlpool Corp.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Todman Michael: act as PRESIDENT WHIRLPOOL INTL. On 08/19/2011, sold 5,000 shares, worth $282,500.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Whirlpool Corp. in Q3 2011:
- THIRD POINT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,000,000 shares, worth $79,850,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- PERKINS INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 863,616 shares, worth $68,959,738. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- RENAISSANCE GROUP LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 646,102 shares, worth $51,591,245. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- BREEDEN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 418,017 shares, worth $33,378,657. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- HAVERFORD TRUST CO: On 06/30/2011, held 348,605 shares, worth $27,836,109. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Whirlpool Corporation manufactures and markets major home appliances. The Company’s principal products include laundry appliances, refrigeration and room air conditioning equipment, cooking appliances, dishwashers, and mixers and other small household appliances. Whirlpool’s products are sold worldwide
(Note: Data regarding Whirlpool Corp.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>