Williams Companies: Institutional Investors Supporting Shares in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Williams Companies, Inc. (NYSE:WMB).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Williams Companies, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- HIGHFIELDS CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 7,924,114 shares, worth $192,872,935.
- RCM CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 4,028,720 shares, worth $98,059,045.
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 3,829,219 shares, worth $93,203,190.
- MANIKAY PARTNERS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,200,000 shares, worth $29,208,000.
- SENATOR INVESTMENT GROUP LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 800,000 shares, worth $19,472,000.
About the company: The Williams Companies, Inc. is an integrated natural gas company that produces, gathers, processes and transports natural gas. The Company’s operations are concentrated in the Pacific Northwest, Rocky Mountains, Gulf Coast, the Eastern Seaboard, and the province of Alberta in Canada.
Competitors to Watch: Williams Partners L.P. (NYSE:WPZ), EQT Corporation (NYSE:EQT), Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE:MRO), Cheniere Energy, Inc. (AMEX:LNG), Chevron Corporation (NYSE:CVX), Southwestern Energy Co. (NYSE:SWN), Kinder Morgan Energy Partners LP (NYSE:KMP), Occidental Petroleum Corp. (NYSE:OXY), Southern Union Company (NYSE:SUG), and Questar Corporation (NYSE:STR).
(Note: Data regarding Williams Companies, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>