Xcel Energy: Major Shareholders Cashing Stock in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Xcel Energy Inc. (NYSE:XEL).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Xcel Energy Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Fowke Benjamin G S Iii: act as Chairman, President and CEO(Click HERE for the list of stocks that their CEOs have bought). On 11/11/2011, sold 29,200 shares, worth $766,800.
- Eves David L: act as President and CEO, PSCO. On 11/08/2011, sold 17,300 shares, worth $454,300.
- Connelly Michael C: act as VP & General Counsel. On 11/08/2011, sold 16,000 shares, worth $419,700.
- Poferl Judy M.: act as President & CEO, NSPM. On 11/08/2011, sold 7,800 shares, worth $204,800.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Xcel Energy Inc. in Q3 2011:
- ARTISAN PARTNERS HOLDINGS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 7,147,400 shares, worth $171,894,970. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- MASSACHUSETTS FINANCIAL SERVICES CO /MA/: On 06/30/2011, held 1,289,700 shares, worth $31,017,285. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- HARPSWELL CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 839,301 shares, worth $20,185,189. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- DECADE CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 510,080 shares, worth $12,267,424. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Xcel Energy, Inc. provides electric and natural gas services. The Company offers a variety of energy-related services, including generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity and natural gas throughout the United States. Xcel utilities serve customers in portions of Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Competitors to Watch: Integrys Energy Group, Inc. (NYSE:TEG), ALLETE, Inc. (NYSE:ALE), Alliant Energy Corporation (NYSE:LNT), PNM Resources, Inc. (NYSE:PNM), Black Hills Corporation (NYSE:BKH), Wisconsin Energy Corp. (NYSE:WEC), MGE Energy, Inc. (NASDAQ:MGEE), El Paso Electric Company (NYSE:EE), CMS Energy Corporation (NYSE:CMS), and Duke Energy Corporation (NYSE:DUK).
(Note: Data regarding Xcel Energy Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>