XL Group: 5 Funds Buying Shares in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of XL Group plc (NYSE:XL).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of XL Group plc in Q3 2011:
- PAULSON MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 23,675,907 shares, worth $445,107,052.
- CAXTON ASSOCIATES LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 808,129 shares, worth $15,192,825.
- BRYN MAWR CAPITAL MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 800,000 shares, worth $15,040,000.
- GW CAPITAL INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 545,275 shares, worth $10,251,170.
- O’SHAUGHNESSY ASSET MANAGEMENT, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 478,275 shares, worth $8,991,570.
About the company: XL Group PLC, through its subsidiaries, provides global insurance and reinsurance coverages to industrial, commercial and professional service firms, insurance companies and other enterprises on a worldwide basis. The Company’s operations include insurance, reinsurance, life operations, and other financial lines, as well as general investing an financing.
Competitors to Watch: Arch Capital Group Ltd. (NASDAQ:ACGL), The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE:TRV), PartnerRe Ltd. (NYSE:PRE), American Insurance Group (NYSE:AIG), Axis Capital Holdings Ltd. (NYSE:AXS), Montpelier Re Hldgs. Ltd. (NYSE:MRH), RenaissanceRe Hldgs. Ltd. (NYSE:RNR), Aspen Insurance Hldgs. Ltd. (NYSE:AHL).
(Note: Data regarding XL Group plc’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>