XL Group: Institutional Investors Cashing Stock in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of XL Group plc (NYSE:XL).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of XL Group plc in Q3 2011:
- CITADEL ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 6,574,647 shares, worth $143,721,783. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- KNIGHTSBRIDGE ASSET MANAGEMENT, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 2,472,675 shares, worth $54,052,676. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ASCEND CAPITAL LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 704,935 shares, worth $15,409,879. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- HIGHBRIDGE CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 589,541 shares, worth $12,887,366. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- APG ALL PENSIONS GROUP NV: On 06/30/2011, held 520,511 shares, worth $11,378,370. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: XL Group PLC, through its subsidiaries, provides global insurance and reinsurance coverages to industrial, commercial and professional service firms, insurance companies and other enterprises on a worldwide basis. The Company’s operations include insurance, reinsurance, life operations, and other financial lines, as well as general investing an financing.
Competitors to Watch: Arch Capital Group Ltd. (NASDAQ:ACGL), The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE:TRV), PartnerRe Ltd. (NYSE:PRE), American Insurance Group (NYSE:AIG), Axis Capital Holdings Ltd. (NYSE:AXS), Montpelier Re Hldgs. Ltd. (NYSE:MRH), RenaissanceRe Hldgs. Ltd. (NYSE:RNR), Aspen Insurance Hldgs. Ltd. (NYSE:AHL).
(Note: Data regarding XL Group plc’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>