Your Cheat Sheet to Jim Cramer’s May 11th Stock Picks
Following are 8 of his picks on May 11th. What do you think about these calls? Some interesting stats for the number crunchers:
1) The median market cap of these 8 stocks is 12.712B.
2) The average market cap is 19.957B.
3) The maximum market cap is 50.262B.
4) The minimum market cap is 556.8M.
5) The median stock is 6.35% off its high and 70.73% off its 52-week low.
6) The average stock is 11.76% off its high and 144.17% off its 52-week low.
7) The best-performing stock has increased 551.29% from its 52-week low.
8) The worst-performing stock has increased only 31.82% from its 52-week low.
Table: 8 Of Jim Cramer Calls on May 11th
|Company||Jim Cramer’s call||Exchange:Ticker||Price @ 05 11 mkt close||Market Cap||52-week high||52-week low||% off high||% off low|
|EI DuPont de Nemours & Co.||Buy||(NYSE:DD)||$54.12||50.262B||57.00||33.73||5.05%||60.45%|
|The Dow Chemical Company||Buy||(NYSE:DOW)||$39.00||45.848B||42.23||22.42||7.65%||73.95%|
|Darden Restaurants, Inc.||Buy||(NYSE:DRI)||$48.88||6.669B||50.84||37.08||3.86%||31.82%|
|Limited Brands, Inc.||Buy||(NYSE:LTD)||$41.97||13.407B||42.25||21.78||0.66%||92.70%|
|Mercer International Inc.||Buy||(NASDAQ:MERC)||$12.65||556.8M||15.27||3.73||17.16%||239.14%|
|Southern Copper Corp.||Sell||(NYSE:SCCO)||$34.89||29.656B||50.35||25.56||30.71%||36.50%|
1. EI DuPont de Nemours & Co. (NYSE:DD): E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company is a global chemical and life sciences company, with businesses that include agriculture and industrial biotechnology, chemistry, biology, materials science and manufacturing. The Company operates globally and offers a wide range of products and services for markets including agriculture and food, building and construction, electronics and communications.
2. The Dow Chemical Company (NYSE:DOW): The Dow Chemical Company is a diversified chemical company that provides chemical, plastic, and agricultural products and services to various essential consumer markets. The Company serves customers in countries around the world in markets such as food, transportation,health and medicine, personal care, and construction.
3. Darden Restaurants, Inc. (NYSE:DRI): Darden Restaurants, Inc. operates casual dining restaurants in North America. The Company owns and operates seafood and Italian restaurants.
4. Limited Brands, Inc. (NYSE:LTD): Limited Brands, Inc. owns and operates specialty stores throughout the United States. The Company, through its retail stores, offer a wide range of products, including women’s apparel, women’s lingerie, beauty products and accessories, personal care, and home fragrance products. The Company’s stores also offer products via the Internet.
5. Macy’s, Inc. (NYSE:M): Macy’s, Inc. operates department stores in the United States. The Company also operates direct mail catalog and electronic commerce subsidiaries. Macy’s retail stores sell a wide range of merchandise, including men’s, women’s and children’s apparel and accessories, cosmetics, home furnishings and other consumer goods.
6. Mercer International Inc. (NASDAQ:MERC): Mercer International Inc. owns and operates market pulp and paper businesses in the southern German states of Saxony and Thuringia. The Company produces softwood kraft pulp, specialty papers, and printing and writing papers.
7. Southern Copper Corp. (NYSE:SCCO): Southern Copper Corporation conducts mining operations in Peru and Mexico. The Company owns and operates open pit mines and metallurgical complexes that produce copper, molybdenum, zinc, and precious metals.
8. Travelzoo Inc. (NASDAQ:TZOO): Travelzoo Inc. provides online marketing solutions to the travel industry. Through the Company’s Web site, its newsletter, and by using its listing management software, travel companies can inform Internet users about their specials. Travelzoo serves companies such as Alamo Rent-A-Car, Delta Airlines (NYSE:DAL), Expedia (NASDAQ:EXPE), and Hilton Hotels.