Your Cheat Sheet to Jim Cramer’s May 18th Stock Picks
Following are 11 of his picks on May 18th. What do you think about these calls? Some interesting stats for the number crunchers:
1) The median market cap of these 11 stocks is 21.021B.
2) The average market cap is 48.968B.
3) The maximum market cap is 314.3B.
4) The minimum market cap is 1.075B.
5) The median stock is 10.41% off its high and 77.50% off its 52-week low.
6) The average stock is 12.53% off its high and 76.47% off its 52-week low.
7) The best-performing stock has increased 197.52% from its 52-week low.
8) The worst-performing stock has increased only 8.32% from its 52-week low.
Table: 11 Of Jim Cramer Calls on May 18th
|Company||Jim Cramer’s call||Exchange:Ticker||Price @ 05 18 mkt close||Market Cap||52-week high||52-week low||% off high||% off low|
|Anadarko Petroleum Corporation||Buy||(NYSE:APC)||$72.96||36.299B||85.50||34.54||14.67%||111.23%|
|ARM Holdings plc||Buy||(NASDAQ:ARMH)||$28.83||38.126B||32.18||9.69||10.41%||197.52%|
|BB & T Corp.||Buy||(NYSE:BBT)||$27.07||18.853B||33.02||21.72||18.02%||24.63%|
|Linn Energy, LLC||Buy||(NASDAQ:LINE)||$38.02||6.722B||40.79||21.42||6.79%||77.50%|
|Nordic American Tanker Shipping Ltd.||Buy||(NYSE:NAT)||$23.96||1.124B||30.15||22.12||20.53%||8.32%|
|SodaStream International Ltd.||Buy||(NASDAQ:SODA)||$53.99||1.075B||54.75||23.15||1.39%||133.22%|
1. Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL): Apple Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets personal computers and related personal computing and mobile communication devices along with a variety of related software, services, peripherals, and networking solutions. The Company sells its products worldwide through its online stores, its retail stores, its direct sales force, third-party wholesalers, and resellers.
2. Anadarko Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:APC): Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an independent oil and gas exploration and production company with international operations. In the United States, the Company operates in Texas and surrounding states, the Rocky Mountain region, Alaska, and the Gulf of Mexico. Internationally, Anadarko has exploration and/or production operations in Africa, Asia, South America, and the Caribbean.
3. ARM Holdings plc (NASDAQ:ARMH): ARM Holdings plc develops processors, data engines, peripherals, software, and tools. The Group’s solutions are used in a variety of applications, including in the automotive, consumer entertainment, digital imaging, mass storage, networking, security, and wireless industries.
4. BB & T Corp. (NYSE:BBT): BB&T Corporation operates banking offices in the Carolinas, Georgia, Virginia, Maryland, West Virginia, Kentucky, Alabama, Indiana, Washington D.C., Florida and Tennessee. The Company and its subsidiaries offer full-service commercial and retail banking, as well as insurance, retail brokerage, corporate finance, international banking, leasing, and trust services.
5. Caterpillar Inc. (NYSE:CAT): Caterpillar Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets construction, mining, agricultural, and forestry machinery. The Company also manufactures engines and other related parts for its equipment, and offers financing and insurance. Caterpillar distributes its products through a worldwide organization of dealers.
6. Cummins Inc. (NYSE:CMI): Cummins Inc. designs, manufactures, distributes and services diesel and natural gas engines. The Company also manufactures electric power generation systems and engine-related component products, including filtration and exhaust aftertreatment, fuel systems, controls, and air handling systems.
7. Dell Inc. (NASDAQ:DELL): Dell Inc. offers a wide range of computers and related products. The Company sells personal computers, servers and networking products, storage systems, mobility products, software and peripherals, and services. Dell serves consumers and businesses in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and the Asia Pacific region.
8. DryShips, Inc. (NASDAQ:DRYS): DryShips Inc. owns and operates drybulk carriers. Commodities transported by the Company consist of major bulks, which include iron ore, coal, and grain, and minor bulks such as bauxite, phosphate and steel products. The Company also owns Ultra Deep Water Rigs.
9. Linn Energy, LLC (NASDAQ:LINE): Linn Energy LLC is a natural gas exploration and production company.
10. Nordic American Tanker Shipping Ltd. (NYSE:NAT): Nordic American Tanker Shipping Limited is a shipping company that owns and charters Suezmax tankers for oil transportation. The Company’s ships are all active in the spot freight market.
11. SodaStream International Ltd. (NASDAQ:SODA): SodaStream International Ltd. manufactures home beverage carbonation systems, which enable consumers to transform tap water into carbonated soft drinks and sparkling water. The Company develops, manufactures and sells soda makers and exchangeable carbon-dioxide (CO2) cylinders, as well as consumables, consisting of CO2 refills, reusable carbonation bottles, and flavors.