Following are 9 of his picks on May 23rd. What do you think about these calls? Some interesting stats for the number crunchers:
1) The median market cap of these 9 stocks is 7.587B.
2) The average market cap is 11.914B.
3) The maximum market cap is 36.102B.
4) The minimum market cap is 304.8M.
5) The median stock is 2.64% off its high and 55.94% off its 52-week low.
6) The average stock is 9.47% off its high and 98.82% off its 52-week low.
7) The best-performing stock has increased 291.84% from its 52-week low.
8) The worst-performing stock has increased 48.38% from its 52-week low.
Table: 9 Of Jim Cramer Calls on May 23rd
|Company||Jim Cramer’s call||Exchange:Ticker||Price @ 05 23 mkt close||Market Cap||52-week high||52-week low||% off high||% off low|
|ClickSoftware Technologies Ltd.||Buy||(NASDAQ:CKSW)||$9.94||304.8M||10.06||4.75||1.19%||109.26%|
|Costco Wholesale Corporation||Buy||(NASDAQ:COST)||$82.64||36.102B||83.95||53.41||1.56%||54.73%|
|Dollar Tree, Inc.||Buy||(NASDAQ:DLTR)||$62.17||7.587B||64.47||39.87||3.57%||55.94%|
|Family Dollar Stores Inc.||Buy||(NYSE:FDO)||$54.29||6.640B||55.62||35.31||2.39%||53.75%|
|Sprint Nextel Corp.||Buy||(NYSE:S)||$5.57||16.664B||5.60||3.70||0.54%||50.54%|
1. Allergan Inc. (NYSE:AGN): Allergan, Inc. is a multi-specialty health care company that discovers, develops and commercializes pharmaceuticals, biologics and medical devices. The Company develops products for the ophthalmic, neurological, medical aesthetics, medical dermatology, breast aesthetics, obesity intervention, urological and other specialty markets in countries around the world. Competitors to Watch: Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ), Inspire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:ISPH), ISTA Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:ISTA), Endo Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ENDP), Medicis Pharmaceutical Corp. (NYSE:MRX), Akorn, Inc. (NASDAQ:AKRX), Novartis AG (NYSE:NVS), GlaxoSmithKline plc (NYSE:GSK), Merck & Co., Inc. (NYSE:MRK), and Hospira, Inc. (NYSE:HSP).
2. ClickSoftware Technologies Ltd. (NASDAQ:CKSW): ClickSoftware Technologies Ltd. provides service optimization and workforce management solutions that enable customer-driven organizations to provide service through accurate workload forecasting, resource planning and scheduling optimization. The Company’s solutions are aimed at saving organizations money and increasing customer satisfaction.
3. Costco Wholesale Corporation (NASDAQ:COST): Costco Wholesale Corporation operates wholesale membership warehouses in multiple countries. The Company sells all kinds of food, automotive supplies, toys, hardware, sporting goods, jewelry, electronics, apparel, health and beauty aids, as well as other goods.
4. Dollar Tree, Inc. (NASDAQ:DLTR): Dollar Tree, Inc. operates a discount variety store chain. The Company sells an assortment of everyday general merchandise. Dollar Tree sells its merchandise at the $1.00 price point. The Company operates throughout the United States. Competitors to Watch: Dollar General Corp. (NYSE:DG), Family Dollar Stores, Inc. (NYSE:FDO), 99 Cents Only Stores (NYSE:NDN), Target Corporation (NYSE:TGT), Fred’s, Inc. (NASDAQ:FRED), Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE:WMT), Gordmans Stores, Inc. (NASDAQ:GMAN), Big Lots, Inc. (NYSE:BIG) and Ross Stores (NASDAQ:ROST).
5. Family Dollar Stores Inc. (NYSE:FDO): Family Dollar Stores, Inc. is a national discount store chain. The Company operates stores located throughout the United States that offer merchandise that includes consumables, home products, apparel and accessories, seasonal and electronics.
6. HyperDynamics Corporation (AMEX:HDY): Hyperdynamics Corp. is a Houston-based company whose operations include two wholly owned subsidiaries, SCS Corporation and HYD Resources, which are focused on oil and gas exploration.
7. Macy’s, Inc. (NYSE:M): Macy’s, Inc. operates department stores in the United States. The Company also operates direct mail catalog and electronic commerce subsidiaries. Macy’s retail stores sell a wide range of merchandise, including men’s, women’s and children’s apparel and accessories, cosmetics, home furnishings and other consumer goods. Competitors to Watch: Saks Incorporated (NYSE:SKS), J.C. Penney Company, Inc. (NYSE:JCP), Kohl’s Corporation (NYSE:KSS), Nordstrom, Inc. (NYSE:JWN), Dillard’s, Inc. (NYSE:DDS), Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ:SHLD), The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc. (NASDAQ:BONT), Target Corporation (NYSE:TGT), Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE:WMT), and The TJX Companies, Inc. (NYSE:TJX).
8. Sprint Nextel Corp. (NYSE:S): Sprint Nextel Corporation offers a range of wireless and wireline communications services to consumer, business, and government customers. The Company develops, engineers, and deploys various technologies, including two wireless networks offering mobile data services, instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities, and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Competitors to Watch: AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T), Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ), Clearwire Corporation (NASDAQ:CLWR), Deutsche Telekom AG (DTEGY), MetroPCS Communications, Inc. (NYSE:PCS), Leap Wireless Intl., Inc. (NASDAQ:LEAP), NTELOS Holdings Corp. (NASDAQ:NTLS), United States Cellular Corp. (NYSE:USM), Telephone & Data Systems, Inc. (NYSE:TDS), and CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE:CTL).
9. Shutterfly, Inc. (NASDAQ:SFLY): Shutterfly, Inc. operates an e-commerce Internet website. The website offers a wide range of photo-related products and services for social expression and personal publishing.