Your Cheat Sheet to Jim Cramer’s May 31st Stock Picks
Following are 8 of his picks on May 31st. What do you think about these calls? Some interesting stats for the number crunchers:
1) The median market cap of these 8 stocks is 8.982B.
2) The average market cap is 18.213B.
3) The maximum market cap is 53.264B.
4) The minimum market cap is 1.819B.
5) The median stock is 13.08% off its high and 37.69% off its 52-week low.
6) The average stock is 14.87% off its high and 42.92% off its 52-week low.
7) The best-performing stock has increased 101.20% from its 52-week low.
8) The worst-performing stock has increased only 3.89% from its 52-week low.
Table: 8 Of Jim Cramer Calls on May 31st
|Company||Jim Cramer’s call||Exchange:Ticker||Price @ 05 31 mkt close||Market Cap||52-week high||52-week low||% off high||% off low|
|General Motors Corporation||Buy||(NYSE:GM)||$31.81||47.720B||39.48||29.17||19.43%||9.05%|
|NRG Energy, Inc.||Buy||(NYSE:NRG)||$24.76||5.969B||25.54||18.22||3.05%||35.89%|
|Phillips-Van Heusen Corp.||Buy||(NYSE:PVH)||$65.97||4.425B||72.42||42.81||8.91%||54.10%|
|Thompson Creek Metals Company Inc.||Buy||(NYSE:TC)||$10.86||1.819B||16.06||8.01||32.38%||35.58%|
|Tesla Motors, Inc.||Sell||(NASDAQ:TSLA)||$30.14||2.882B||36.42||14.98||17.24%||101.20%|
1. Diageo plc (NYSE:DEO): Diageo plc produces, distills and markets alcoholic beverages. The Company’s premium drinks brands include Smirnoff, J&B, Johnnie Walker, Jose Cuervo, Seagrams, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray, Baileys, Harp, and Guinness Stout.
2. Eaton Corporation (NYSE:ETN): Eaton Corporation manufactures engineered products which serve industrial, vehicle, construction, commercial, and aerospace markets. The Company’s principal products include hydraulic products and fluid connectors, electrical power distribution and control equipment, truck drivetrain systems, engine components, and a wide variety of controls.
3. General Motors Corporation (NYSE:GM): General Motors Co. manufactures and markets new cars and trucks. The Company offers features for special needs drivers, OnStar vehicle protection, service, parts, accessories, maintenance, XM satellite radio, features for commercial owners, and more. General Motors offers its vehicles and services worldwide. Competitors to Watch: Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F), Toyota Motor Corp. (NYSE:TM), HONDA MOTOR CO., LTD. (NYSE:HMC), Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA), Tata Motors Limited (NYSE:TTM), Spartan Motors, Inc. (NASDAQ:SPAR), and Federal Signal Corporation (NYSE:FSS).
4. NRG Energy, Inc. (NYSE:NRG): NRG Energy, Inc. owns and operates a diverse portfolio of power-generating facilities, primarily in the United States. The Company’s operations include energy production and cogeneration facilities, thermal energy production, and energy resource recovery facilities. Competitors to Watch: Dynegy Inc. (NYSE:DYN), Constellation Energy Group, Inc. (NYSE:CEG), The AES Corporation (NYSE:AES), Genon Energy Inc (NYSE:GEN), Calpine Corporation (NYSE:CPN), Edison International (NYSE:EIX), NextEra Energy, Inc. (NYSE:NEE), Xcel Energy Inc. (NYSE:XEL), The Southern Company (NYSE:SO), and Exelon Corporation (NYSE:EXC).
5. Phillips-Van Heusen Corp. (NYSE:PVH): Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation designs, sources, manufactures, and markets men’s, women’s, and children’s apparel and footwear. The Company markets its products at a wholesale level through department store chains and directly to consumers through retail stores.
6. Staples, Inc. (NASDAQ:SPLS): Staples, Inc. retails office supplies, furniture, and technology. The Company’s customers include consumers and businesses in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Germany. Staples serves its customers through office superstores, mail order catalogs, the Internet, and a contract business. Competitors to Watch: OfficeMax Incorporated (NYSE:OMX), Office Depot, Inc. (NYSE:ODP), Walgreen (NYSE:WAG), CVS (NYSE:CVS), Target (NYSE:TGT), Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT), Best Buy (NYSE:BBY), Williams-Sonoma (NYSE:WSM), Bed, Bath & Beyone (NASDAQ:BBBY), Stamps.com Inc. (NASDAQ:STMP) and United Stationers Inc. (NASDAQ:USTR).
7. Thompson Creek Metals Company Inc. (NYSE:TC): Thompson Creek Metals Company, Inc. mines and processes molybdenum. The Company operates mines, mills, and metallurgical roasting facilities in Canada and the United States.
8. Tesla Motors, Inc. (NASDAQ:TSLA): Tesla Motors, Inc. designs, manufactures, and sells high-performance electric vehicles and electric vehicle powertrain components. The Company owns its sales and service network and sells electric powertrain components to other automobile manufacturers.