Zimmer Holdings: Exec Insider and Fund Stock Sales in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Zimmer Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:ZMH).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Zimmer Holdings, Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Glasscock Larry C: act as Director. On 09/01/2011, sold 16,667 shares, worth $943,700.
- Glasscock Larry C: act as Director. On 10/03/2011, sold 16,667 shares, worth $883,700.
- Glasscock Larry C: act as Director. On 11/03/2011, sold 16,666 shares, worth $873,100.
- Ooi Stephen Hong Liang: act as President, Asia Pacific. On 08/02/2011, sold 3,727 shares, worth $214,800.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Zimmer Holdings, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- ADAGE CAPITAL PARTNERS GP LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 595,900 shares, worth $37,660,880. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- EXPO CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 425,000 shares, worth $26,860,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- RENAISSANCE TECHNOLOGIES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 371,000 shares, worth $23,447,200. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- TRILOGY GLOBAL ADVISORS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 218,831 shares, worth $13,830,119. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- BANK OF NOVA SCOTIA /: On 06/30/2011, held 152,700 shares, worth $9,650,640. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Zimmer Holdings, Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, and markets orthopaedic and dental reconstructive implants, spinal implants, trauma products and related surgical products. The Company also provides other healthcare related services. Zimmer markets its products in the United States and other countries around the world.
Competitors to Watch: Stryker Corporation (NYSE:SYK), Exactech, Inc. (NASDAQ:EXAC), Wright Medical Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:WMGI), RTI Biologics Inc. (NASDAQ:RTIX), Smith & Nephew plc (NYSE:SNN), MAKO Surgical Corp. (NASDAQ:MAKO), NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ:NUVA), TranS1 Inc. (NASDAQ:TSON), and Alphatec Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ:ATEC).
(Note: Data regarding Zimmer Holdings, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>