Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Zimmer Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:ZMH).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Zimmer Holdings, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- LONGVIEW PARTNERS (GUERNSEY) LTD: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 5,459,736 shares, worth $291,986,681.
- INVESTEC ASSET MANAGEMENT LTD: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,117,960 shares, worth $59,788,501.
- CAMBER CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 500,000 shares, worth $26,740,000.
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 388,671 shares, worth $20,786,125.
- KING INVESTMENT ADVISORS INC/TX: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 153,660 shares, worth $8,217,737.
About the company: Zimmer Holdings, Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, and markets orthopaedic and dental reconstructive implants, spinal implants, trauma products and related surgical products. The Company also provides other healthcare related services. Zimmer markets its products in the United States and other countries around the world.
Competitors to Watch: Stryker Corporation (NYSE:SYK), Exactech, Inc. (NASDAQ:EXAC), Wright Medical Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:WMGI), RTI Biologics Inc. (NASDAQ:RTIX), Smith & Nephew plc (NYSE:SNN), MAKO Surgical Corp. (NASDAQ:MAKO), NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ:NUVA), TranS1 Inc. (NASDAQ:TSON), and Alphatec Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ:ATEC).
(Note: Data regarding Zimmer Holdings, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>