Zions Bancorp: Insider and Institutional Investor Stock Sales in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Zions Bancorp. (NASDAQ:ZION).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Zions Bancorp.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Haun Dallas E: act as Pres. of Subsidiary. On 07/22/2011, sold 3,000 shares, worth $70,200.
- Haun Dallas E: act as Pres. of Subsidiary. On 07/26/2011, sold 2,000 shares, worth $46,100.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Zions Bancorp. in Q3 2011:
- CITADEL ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 3,150,625 shares, worth $75,551,988. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- SUNTRUST BANKS INC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,477,685 shares, worth $35,434,886. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- FIL LTD: On 06/30/2011, held 1,054,320 shares, worth $25,282,594. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ATLANTA CAPITAL MANAGEMENT CO L L C: On 06/30/2011, held 533,035 shares, worth $12,782,179. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- WELLINGTON MANAGEMENT CO LLP: On 06/30/2011, held 420,662 shares, worth $10,087,475. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Zions Bancorporation is a bank holding company that operates full-service banking offices in western United States. The Company also offers an array of investment, mortgage, insurance, and electronic commerce services. In addition, Zions provides financing solutions for small businesses across the United States.
Competitors to Watch: Glacier Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ:GBCI), CoBiz Financial Inc (NASDAQ:COBZ), First State Bancorp., NM (FSNM), TCF Financial Corporation (NYSE:TCB), Western Alliance Bancorporation (NYSE:WAL), Citigroup Inc. (NYSE:C), Bank of America (NYSE:BAC), Deutsche Bank (NYSE:DB), JPMorgan Chase (NYSE:JPM), HSBC (NYSE:HBC), The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE:BK), Northern Trust Corporation (NASDAQ:NTRS), PNC (NYSE:PNC), Zions Bancorp (NASDAQ:ZION), Financials (NYSE:XLF) and Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE:WFC).
(Note: Data regarding Zions Bancorp.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>