Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about companies for which stock analysts downgraded shares in the Healthcare sector for the week ending October 28th, 2011
- Quest Diagnostics (NYSE:DGX): Standpoint Research downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Hold. About the company: Quest Diagnostics Incorporated provides diagnostic testing, information, and services. The Company operates a national network of full-service laboratories, rapid response laboratories, and patient service centers. Quest Diagnostics provides esoteric testing, routine medical testing, drugs of abuse testing, and non-hospital-based anatomicpathology testing.
- ResMed (NYSE:RMD): Feltl & Co. downgraded its rating on this company from Strong Buy to Buy and changed its price target from $40.4 to $39.1. About the company: ResMed Inc. develops, manufactures, and markets medical equipment for the treatment of sleep disordered breathing. The Company sells diagnostic and treatment devices in various countries through its subsidiaries and independent distributors.
- Forest Labs (NYSE:FRX): Argus downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Hold. About the company: Forest Laboratories, Inc. develops, manufactures, and sells both branded and generic forms of ethical products which require a physician’s prescription. The Company also manufactures non-prescription pharmaceutical products sold over-the-counter, which are used for the treatment of a wide range of illnesses. Forest’s products are marketed in the United States and eastern Europe.
- Human Genome (NASDAQ:HGSI): Brean Murray downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Hold. About the company: Human Genome Sciences, Inc. researches and develops proprietary pharmaceutical and diagnostic products. The Company’s products predict, prevent, detect, treat, and cure disease based on the discovery of human and microbial genes.
- Amedisys (NASDAQ:AMED): BB&T Capital Mkts downgraded its rating on this company from Hold to Underweight. About the company: Amedisys, Inc. is a multi-regional provider of alternate-site health care services. The Company offers home health care nursing, home infusion therapy, and ambulatory surgery centers. Amedisys operates offices within a network of subsidiaries in the southern and southeastern United States.
- Hologic (NASDAQ:HOLX): Ticonderoga downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Neutral. About the company: Hologic, Inc. develops, manufactures, and markets x-ray systems. The Company makes x-ray bone densitometers that measure the precise bone density for use in the diagnosing of metabolic bone diseases such as osteoporosis.
- Dexcom (NASDAQ:DXCM): Feltl & Co. downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Hold. About the company: DexCom Inc. is a medical device company focused on the design and development of continuous glucose monitoring systems for people with diabetes. The Company has developed a small implantable device that continuously measures glucose levels in subcutaneous tissue just under the skin, and a small external receiver to which the sensor transmits glucose levels at specified intervals.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Briefing.com via the Wall St. Journal. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>