These Are the Cheapest NFL Tickets You Can Get in 2018
Being an NFL fan isn’t cheap. You’ll have to shell out more than $100 per ticket to see your favorite team play in 2018, according to sales data from ticket reseller Vivid Seats. Some fans will pay much more.
Tickets for New England Patriots games went for a whopping $530 on average, a 7% increase from 2017. Seahawks and Packers tickets topped $300, and tickets for 13 other teams sold for an average of more than $200. On the other end of the spectrum, fans of the Bills, Browns, Bengals, and Chiefs were in (relative) luck, at least as far as ticket prices, with the average seat going for less than $125.
Once you buy a couple of tickets and add in all the extras that come with attending a game, from parking to snacks and beers, and you could easily be out close to a thousand dollars. Using 2016 ticket data, the website Value Penguin found that a Chicago Bears fan would need to work more than 16 hours just to pay for three people to attend a game at Soldier Field.
But it’s not all bad news for football diehards. While ticket prices for some teams, like the Jacksonville Jaguars and L.A. Rams, increased from 2017, tickets for other teams are actually getting cheaper. The average Chiefs ticket sold on Vivid Seats was 19% less expensive this year compared to last, while prices for Cardinals and Falcons tickets are down roughly 30%.
The most affordable NFL games in 2018
For certain games, there are still big bargains to be had. Vivid Seats put together a list of the most affordable NFL games in the 2018 season. Tickets for these 10 games went for less than $100 on average, with the cheapest seats available for less than $25 in some cases.
- Falcons at Browns, November 11: Average ticket $88; cheapest ticket $21*
- Panthers at Browns, December 9: Average ticket $88; cheapest ticket $20
- Colts at Jets, October 14: Average ticket $87; cheapest ticket $35
- Buccaneers at Bengals, October 28: Average ticket $84; cheapest ticket $28
- Titans at Bills, October 7: Average ticket $84; cheapest ticket $44
- Ravens at Browns, October 7: Average ticket $83; cheapest ticket $23
- Jets at Browns, September 20: Average ticket $82; cheapest ticket $25
- Lions at Bills, December 16: Average ticket $71; cheapest ticket $17
- Jets at Bills, December 9: Average ticket $67; cheapest ticket $21
- Jaguars at Bills, November 25: Average ticket $62; cheapest ticket $25
This list probably looks pretty good if you’re a Bills or Browns fan, but what if you’re not interested in teams that are often ranked among the worst in the league? Well, if you’re hoping to watch Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers throw a touchdown pass, you better be prepared to up your budget.
The most in-demand game for 2018 is the November 4 face-off between the Packers and the Patriots at Gillette Stadium. Tickets are going for an average of $710. That makes it not only the priciest game this year, but also the most expensive NFL ticket of the past six years, according to Vivid Seats.
Six of the top 10 most expensive 2018 games will take place at the Patriots home field. Other high-priced games include the Cowboys vs. the Seahawks on September 23 (average price $383) and the Eagles vs. the Jaguars on October 28. The latter is one of three NFL games in London this year, and the average ticket is going for $383.
*Cheapest ticket prices as of September 4 on Vivid Seats.
Follow The Cheat Sheet on Facebook!