Markets are preparing for earnings season. Here’s your Cheat Sheet to the hottest stocks of the week.
Must Read Feature: Here’s Why Chipotle is a Shareholder’s Dream Stock.
1) Motorola Solutions Inc (NYSE:MSI): Shares of Motorola Solutions Inc are trading higher over 1% $40.46 per share today. Motorola Solutions, Inc. manufactures two-way radios and accessories; mobile computers; wireless network infrastructure; private radio systems; bar code scanning and radio frequency identification equipment, and public safety broadband equipment.
2) Motorola Mobility Holdings Inc (NYSE:MMI): Shares of Motorola Mobility Holdings Inc are trading higher over 55% to $38.17 per share today. Motorola Mobility Holdings Inc. provides advanced mobile media solutions and multi-screen technologies. The Company develops products that include consumer mobile phones, business-ready smartphones accessories, cordless phones, and home networking products. Did Google Just Ring Research in Motion’s Death Knell?>>
3) The Estee Lauder Companies Inc. (NYSE:EL): Shares of The Estee Lauder Companies Inc. are trading lower over 7% to $93.71 per share today. The Estee Lauder Companies Inc. manufactures and markets a wide range of skin care, makeup, fragrance, and hair care products. The Company’s products are sold in countries and territories around the world. Estee Lauder Earnings Cheat Sheet: Strong Margins Continue as Net Income Rises>>
4) Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE:LOW): Shares of Lowe’s Companies, Inc. are trading flat at $19.47 per share today. Lowe’s Companies, Inc. is a home improvement retailer that distributes building materials and supplies through stores in the United States. The Company offers a complete line of products and services for home decorating, maintenance, repair, remodeling, and property maintenance. Lowe’s Companies, Inc. Earnings Cheat Sheet: Margins Shrink on Rising Costs, Net Income Falls>>
5) China XD Plastics Co Ltd (NASDAQ:CXDC): Shares of China XD Plastics Co Ltd are trading higher over 39% to $4.64 per share today. China XD Plastics Company Ltd. manufactures engineering resins. The resins are used to manufacture exterior and interior automobile parts.
6) Ascent Solar Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:ASTI): Shares of Ascent Solar Technologies, Inc. are trading higher over 60% to $1.18 per share today. Ascent Solar Technologies, Inc. develops thin-film photovoltaic modules with substrate materials. Its solar modules can be directly integrated into electronics, military and consumer portable power products, transportation systems, building elements, and space/near-space applications.
7) Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY): Shares of Sysco Corporation are trading lower over 4% to $$27.87 per share today. Sysco Corporation distributes food and related products primarily to the foodservice industry. The Company also distributes personal care guest amenities, housekeeping supplies, room accessories, and textiles to the lodging industry.
8) Motorcar Parts of America Inc. (NASDAQ:MPAA): Shares of Motorcar Parts of America Inc. are trading higher over 6% to $11.68 per share today. Motorcar Parts of America, Inc. manufactures replacement alternators and starters for imported and domestic cars and light trucks in the United States and Canada. The Company also assembles and distributes ignition wire sets for imported and domestic cars and light trucks. Motorcar Parts has facilities in the United States, Singapore, and Malaysia.
9) Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE:A): Shares of Agilent Technologies Inc. are trading higher over 2% to $37.07 per share today. Agilent Technologies, Inc. provides core bio-analytical and electronic measurement solutions to the communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis industries. The Company’s operations include electronic measurement, bio-analytical measurement, semiconductor and board testing.
10) Urban Outfitters Inc. (NASDAQ:URBN): Shares of Urban Outfitters Inc. are trading lower over 1% to $29.37 per share today. Urban Outfitters, Inc. operates retail stores and direct response, including a catalog and Web sites. The Company’s Urban Outfitters and Anthropologie retail concepts sell fashion apparel, accessories, and household and gift merchandise. Urban also designs and markets young women’s casual wear which it provides to the Company’s retail operations and sells to retailers worldwide.
1) Staples, Inc. (NASDAQ:SPLS): Shares of Staples, Inc. are trading lower a half percent to $14.12 per share today. Staples provided a better than expected outlook in their earnings report today. Staples, Inc. retails office supplies, furniture, and technology. The Company’s customers include consumers and businesses in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Germany. Staples serves its customers through office superstores, mail order catalogs, the Internet, and a contract business. Staples, Inc. Earnings Cheat Sheet: Positive Earnings Streak>>
2) Dell Inc. (NASDAQ:DELL): Shares of Dell Inc. are trading lower over 10% to $14.20 per share today. Dell Inc. offers a wide range of computers and related products. Dell provided a gloomier than expected forecast for their business for the remainder of the year. The Company sells personal computers, servers and networking products, storage systems, mobility products, software and peripherals, and services. Dell serves consumers and businesses in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and the Asia Pacific region. Dell Inc. Earnings Cheat Sheet: Fifth Consecutive Quarter of Double-Digit Growth>>
3) Blue Coat Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:BCSI): Shares of Blue Coat Systems, Inc. are trading lower over 24% to $13.35 per share today. The company’s first quarter revenue release showed a decline. Blue Coat Systems, Inc. provides Web security solutions that increase the protection and control of enterprise Web infrastructures. The Company’s Web security appliances are dedicated port 80 security solutions built to protect corporate networks against Web-based viruses, unfiltered Web communication, and inappropriate Web content. Blue Coat serves a wide range of industries.
4) Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (NYSE:ANF): Shares of Abercrombie & Fitch Co. are trading lower over 8% to $65.26 per share today. Costs were seen rising at this trendy retailer in their recent earnings release. Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a specialty retailer that operates stores selling casual apparel, such as knit shirts, graphic t-shirts, jeans, woven shirts and personal care and other accessories for men, women and kids. The Company operates stores in the United States and Canada as well as retails its products over the Internet. Abercrombie & Fitch Earnings Cheat Sheet: Beats Expectations>>
5) Target Corporation (NYSE:TGT): Shares of Target Corporation are trading higher over 2.5% to $50.61 per share today. Target displayed an uptick in sales growth in their recent quarter. Target Corporation operates general merchandise discount stores in the United States. The Company’s merchandising operations include general merchandise and food discount stores and a fully integrated online business. Target also offers credit to qualified applicants through its branded proprietary credit cards. Target Corp. Earnings Cheat Sheet: Profit Rises for Third Straight Quarter>>
6) Flowers Foods, Inc. (NYSE:FLO): Shares of Flowers Foods, Inc. are trading lower over 9.2% to $19.35 per share today. Traders appear to be selling shares hard to the downside today. Flowers Foods, Inc. produces and markets packaged bakery foods for retail and foodservice customers. The Company offers fresh packaged and frozen bakery products as well as pastries, doughnuts and bakery snack products.
7) Chico’s FAS, Inc. (NYSE:CHS): Shares of Chico’s FAS, Inc. are trading lower over 3% to $12.18 per share today. The retailer announced it will buy Boston Proper. Chico’s FAS, Inc. sells private label women’s casual clothing and related accessories. The Company’s clothing includes tops, pants, shorts, skirts, and dresses. Chico’s owns and operates stores throughout the United States. Chico’s FAS, Inc. Earnings Cheat Sheet: Double-Digit Growth Again>>
8) Analog Devices, Inc. (NYSE:ADI): Shares of Analog Devices, Inc. are trading higher over .26% to $31.43 per share today. Revenues grew 5% in their recent report. Analog Devices, Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets integrated circuits used in analog and digital signal processing. The Company’s products are used in communications, computer, industrial, instrumentation, military/aerospace, automotive, and high-performance consumer electronics applications. Analog Devices sells its products worldwide.
9) BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc. (NYSE:BJ): Shares of BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc. are trading flat at $50.55 per share today. Earnings climbed 28% in the company’s recent report. BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc. operates a wholesale club chain in the eastern United States. The Company offers its members a wide range of merchandise, including grocery items and general merchandise. BJ’s also offers a number of specialty services such as travel services, a muffler and brake service, fast food service, and one-hour photo service.
10) MarketAxess Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ:MKTX): Shares of MarketAxess Holdings Inc. are trading higher over 14% to $27.61 per share today. Speculation is high the company has suitors on the horizon for takeover of its shares. MarketAxess Holdings, Inc. operates an electronic, multi-dealer to client platform for U.S. and European high-grade corporate and emerging markets bond trading. The Company’s technology delivers price discovery and trade execution services to institutional and broker-dealer clients.
1) NetApp Inc. (NASDAQ:NTAP): Shares of NetApp Inc. are trading lower over 17% to $34.56 per share today. NetApp, Inc. provides storage and data management solutions. The Company’s storage solutions include specialized hardware, software, and services that provide storage management for open network environments. NetApp serves enterprises, government agencies, and universities worldwide. NetApp, Inc. Earnings Cheat Sheet: Snaps Strong Streak With Profit Drop>>
2) Dollar Tree, Inc. (NASDAQ:DLTR): Shares of Dollar Tree, Inc. are trading lower over 1.81% to $65.36 per share today. Dollar Tree, Inc. operates a discount variety store chain. The Company sells an assortment of everyday general merchandise. Dollar Tree sells its merchandise at the $1.00 price point. The Company operates throughout the United States. Dollar Tree, Inc. Earnings Cheat Sheet: Profit Rises by Double-Figures for Fifth Consecutive Quarter>>
3) GameStop Corp. (NYSE:GME): Shares of GameStop Corp. are trading lower over 1% to $20.16 per share today. GameStop Corporation operates specialty electronic game and PC entertainment software stores throughout the United States, Australia, Canada and Europe. The Company stores sell new and used video game hardware, video game software and accessories, as well as PC entertainment software, and related accessories and other merchandise. GameStop Corp. Earnings Cheat Sheet: Streak of Four Straight Profit Rises Snapped>>
4) DARA Biosciences Inc (NASDAQ:DARA): Shares of DARA Biosciences Inc are trading higher over 6% to $2.42 per share today. DARA BioSciences, Inc. is a development stage pharmaceutical company. The Company acquires therapeutic molecules and medical technologies directly or through investment in established companies. DARA focuses on small molecules from late preclinical development through phase 2 clinical trials for neuropathic pain, metabolic diseases, and dermatological disorders.
5) JDS Uniphase Corporation (NASDAQ:JDSU): Shares of JDS Uniphase Corporation are trading lower over 13% to $10.12 per share today. JDS Uniphase Corporation provides communications test & measurement solutions and optical products for telecommunications service providers, cable operators, and network equipment manufacturers. The Company also provides optical solutions for medical/environmental instrumentation, semiconductor processing, display, brand authentication, aerospace and defense, and decorative applications. JDS Uniphase Corp Earnings Cheat Sheet: Tops Analysts’ Expectations>>
6) Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ:SHLD): Shares of Sears Holdings Corporation are trading lower over 6% to $56.07 per share today. Sears Holdings Corporation is a broadline retailer with full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States and Canada. The Company retails home appliances, as well as tools, lawn and garden products, home electronics, and other products. Sears Holdings also provides automotive repair and maintenance. Sears Holdings Earnings Cheat Sheet: Misses Street Estimates as Loss Worsens>>
7) The J.M. Smucker Company (NYSE:SJM): Shares of The J.M. Smucker Company are trading lower over 6% to $70.84 per share today. The JM Smucker Company manufactures and markets food products on a worldwide basis. The Company’s principal products include peanut butter, shortening and oils, fruit spreads, canned milk, baking mixes and ready-to-spread frostings, flour and baking ingredients, juices and beverages, frozen sandwiches, dessert toppings, syrups, pickles and condiments, and potato side dishes.
8) Tech Data Corporation (NASDAQ:TECD): Shares of Tech Data Corporation are trading lower over 1% to $41.85 per share today. Tech Data Corporation is a full-line distributor of technology products. The Company serves resellers in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, Latin America, Europe, and the Middle East. Tech Data also provides pre- and post-sale training, service, and support, as well as configuration and assembly services and electronic commerce solutions.
9) Autodesk Inc. (NASDAQ:ADSK): Shares of Autodesk Inc. are trading lower over 8% to $26.30 per share today. Autodesk, Inc. supplies PC software and multimedia tools. The Company’s two-dimensional and three-dimensional products are used across industries and in the home for architectural design, mechanical design, geographic information systems and mapping, and visualization applications. Autodesk’s software products are sold worldwide through a network of dealers and distributors.
10) Aeropostale Inc (NYSE:ARO): Shares of Aeropostale Inc are trading lower over 3% to $12.33 per share today. Aeropostale, Inc. is a mall-based retailer of casual apparel and accessories that targets young women and men in the pre-teen and teenage market. The Company’s stores provide active-oriented, fashion basic merchandise. Aeropostale operates stores throughout the United States.
1) Helmerich & Payne, Inc. (NYSE:HP): Shares of Helmerich & Payne, Inc. are trading lower 3.3% to $50.51 per share today. Helmerich & Payne, Inc. provides contract drilling of oil and gas wells in the Gulf of Mexico and South America. The Company operates land rigs and platform rigs.
2) Hewlett-Packard Company (NYSE:HPQ): Shares of Hewlett-Packard Company are trading lower 20% to $23.59 per share today. Hewlett-Packard Company provides imaging and printing systems, computing systems, and information technology services for business and home. The Company’s products include laser and inkjet printers, scanners, copiers and faxes, personal computers, workstations, storage solutions, and other computing and printing systems. Hewlett-Packard sells its products worldwide.
3) Ann Inc (NYSE:ANN): Shares of Ann Inc are trading higher 13.8% to $21.93 per share today. AnnTaylor Stores Corporation, through its wholly owned subsidiary, retails women’s apparel, shoes, and accessories primarily under the Ann Taylor brand name. The Company operates throughout the United States.
4) salesforce.com, inc. (NYSE:CRM): Shares of salesforce.com, inc. are trading lower .53% to $113.34 per share today. Salesforce.com, Inc. provides software on demand. The Company supplies a customer relationship management service to businesses worldwide providing a technology platform for customers and developers to build and run business applications. Clients use Salesforce.com to manage their customer, sales and operational data.
5) Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ:ADSK): Shares of Autodesk, Inc. are trading lower over 10% to $23.61 per share today. Autodesk, Inc. supplies PC software and multimedia tools. The Company’s two-dimensional and three-dimensional products are used across industries and in the home for architectural design, mechanical design, geographic information systems and mapping, and visualization applications. Autodesk’s software products are sold worldwide through a network of dealers and distributors.
6) Intuit Inc. (NASDAQ:INTU): Shares of Intuit Inc. are trading higher over 9% to $43.93 per share today. Intuit Inc. develops and markets business and financial management software solutions for small and medium sized businesses, financial institutions, consumers, and accounting professionals The Company provides software for small business management and payroll processing, personal finance, and tax preparation and filing.
7) Hibbett Sports, Inc. (NASDAQ:HIBB): Shares of Hibbett Sports, Inc. are trading higher 1.33% to $33.41 per share today. Hibbett Sports Inc. operates a chain of sporting goods stores in the southeastern United States. The stores sell athletic footwear, apparel, and equipment.
8) Foot Locker, Inc. (NYSE:FL): Shares of Foot Locker, Inc. are trading higher over 2% to $18.04 per share today. Foot Locker, Inc. is primarily a mall-based athletic retailer that operates athletic retail stores in countries located in North America, Europe, and Australia. The Company provides athletic footwear and apparel through its Foot Locker, Lady Foot Locker, Kids Foot Locker, and Champs Sports retail stores. Foot Locker also operates a direct-to-consumer channel, Footlocker.com/Eastbay.
9) Marvell Technology Group Ltd. (NASDAQ:MRVL): Shares of Marvell Technology Group Ltd. are trading higher over 6% to $12.73 per share today. Marvell Technology Group Ltd. designs, develops, and markets integrated circuits for communications-related markets. The Company’s products provide the interface between analog signals and the digital information used in computing and communications systems. Marvell’s technology is applied to the broadband data communications market.
10) National Semiconductor Corporation (NYSE:NSM): Shares of National Semiconductor Corporation are trading flat today. National Semiconductor Corporation designs, develops, manufactures, and markets a wide variety of analog and mixed-signal integrated circuits. The Company produces systems on a single chip as well as analog, mixed-signal, and other multichip integrated circuits. National provides solutions for the information appliance, personal computing, consumer, and communication markets.