Love & Hip Hop
Love & Hip Hop is an American reality TV franchise that follows hip-hop and R&B artists, managers, and producers in major U.S. cities as they navigate their professional and personal lives. The franchise’s original series, Love & Hip Hop: New York, premiered on VH1 in March 2011. It became so successful it spawned spinoffs based in Atlanta, Hollywood, and Miami.
The shows have starred well-known music artists such as Waka Flocka Flame, Trick Daddy, Ray J, and Keyshia Cole. In addition, the franchise has helped launch up-and-comers to prominence, including Cardi B, who appeared in season 6 of the original series.
- Shows in the franchise: Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta, Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood, Love & Hip Hop: Miami, Love & Hip Hop: New York
- Notable cast members: Ace Hood, Amina Buddafly, Anais, Brisco, Joe Budden, Cardi B, Keyshia Cole, Chrissy Lampkin, K. Michelle, Lil’ Mo, Lil Scrappy, Noreaga, Omarion, Papoose, Ray J, Remy Ma, Safaree Samuels, Juelz Santana, Yandy Smith, Soulja Boy, Spice, Sukihana, Brooke Valentine, Kimbella Vanderhee, Tara Wallace, Trick Daddy, Trina, Yo-Yo, Yung Joc, Yung Baby Tate
- Genre: Reality
- Original release: 2011
- Seasons: 30
- Network/streaming: VH1, Paramount+, Roku Channel, Sling
- Premise: Established and up-and-coming hip-hop artists make their mark on the industry while juggling their personal lives
- If you like this series, you might also like: Black Ink Crew: Compton, Growing Up Hip Hop, Marriage Boot Camp: Bridezillas, The Rap Game, The Real Housewives of Atlanta, T.I. & Tiny: The Family Hustle, Wild’ N Out
Visit the Love & Hip Hop page on the VH1 website.