Reese Witherspoon is an Oscar-winning actor, producer, author, and entrepreneur famous for playing Elle Woods in the Legally Blonde film series. She has also notched dozens of other acting credits, including roles in movies such as Cruel Intentions, Election, Mud, and Pleasantville.
In 2006, Witherspoon won an Academy Award for Best Actress for her portrayal of Johnny Cash’s wife, June Carter Cash, in the romantic drama Walk the Line. Nine years later, she earned an Oscar nomination in the same category for Wild.
On TV, Witherspoon appeared on the hit sitcom Friends as the sister of Jennifer Aniston’s character, Rachel Green. The two actors became friends and recently reunited on the small screen for the Apple TV+ series The Morning Show. Witherspoon’s other TV acting credits include the Emmy-winning HBO drama Big Little Lies and the Hulu miniseries Little Fires Everywhere.
In addition, she has produced or executive-produced numerous films and TV shows. The multihyphenate also wrote a cookbook/autobiography, Whiskey in a Teacup.
- Full name: Laura Jeanne Reese Witherspoon
- Birthday: March 22, 1976
- Hometown: New Orleans, Louisiana (born); Nashville, Tennessee (raised)
- Height: 5 feet 1 inch
- Net worth: $400 million
- Spouse: Jim Toth (m. 2011), Ryan Phillippe (m. 1999–2008)
- Children: Tennessee James Toth, Deacon Reese Phillippe, Ava Elizabeth Phillippe
- Top TV shows: Big Little Lies, Little Fires Everywhere, The Morning Show
- Top movies: American Psycho, Cruel Intentions, Election, Legally Blonde, The Man in the Moon, Mud, Pleasantville, This Means War, Walk the Line
- Fun fact: Witherspoon met her husband Jim Toth when his drunk friend hit on her.