Regis Philbin was an American TV talk show host and presenter whose career spanned decades. Best known for co-hosting Live With Regis and Kelly with Kelly Ripa from 2001 to 2011, he had sat in the hosting chair next to Kathie Lee Gifford since 1985. He received several Daytime Emmy Awards for his run on the show.
The energetic TV personality is also known for hosting the highest-rated primetime game show, Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, popularizing the phrase “Is that your final answer?” He garnered a Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Game Show Host for his work on the show.
Philbin, who had heart disease caused by high cholesterol, underwent an angioplasty in 1993 and made the exercise video, Regis: My Personal Workout. In 2007, he had successful triple bypass surgery. He died of a heart attack in 2020. He was 88 years old.
- Full name: Regis Francis Xavier Philbin
- Born: August 25, 1931
- Died: July 24, 2020
- Hometown: Bronx, New York City, New York
- Height: 5’7″
- Net worth: $150 million
- Spouse: Joy Philbin (m. 1970-2020), Catherine Faylen (m. 1955-1968)
- Children: Daniel Philbin, J.J. Philbin, Amy Philbin, Joanna Philbin
- Top TV shows: Live With Regis and Kelly, Live With Regis and Kathie Lee, Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?
- Fun fact: Philbin holds a Guinness World Record for most U.S. hours on television.
Visit Regis Philbin’s Twitter page.