Apple vs. Samsung: Is it Over?

Samsung has said it will fight back against Apple’s (NASDAQ:AAPL) latest attempts to ban the sale of several of its devices in the U.S. Apple, which won a jury verdict for patent infringement against Samsung last week, has already asked for a permanent ban against 28 devices made by the Korean company. Those include eight of Samsung’s most popular and profitable smartphones.

Don’t Miss: Here’s How Apple Plans to EXTERMINATE Samsung.

“We will take all necessary measures to ensure the availability of our products in the U.S. market,” said Samsung’s one-sentence statement that was released on Tuesday, according to The Wall Street Journal. Samsung is not only considering filing a motion to stop the injunction and appealing if it gets approved, but also modifying its products. It has reportedly already started discussions with wireless carriers about removing or modifying the infringing features.

On Monday, Apple asked presiding judge Lucy Koh to issue permanent injunctions on all 28 devices that the jury found had violated Apple’s intellectual property. However, the iPhone maker included eight Samsung phones in a “tailored” list of products “to address a portion of the immediate, ongoing irreparable harm that Apple is suffering.”

That list is made of the Galaxy S 4G, Galaxy S II, Galaxy S II Skyrocket, Galaxy S II T-Mobile, Galaxy S II Epic 4G, Galaxy S Showcase, Droid Charge, and Galaxy Prevail. Combined, those smartphone models brought in $1.3 billion in Samsung’s U.S. sales during the first six months of the year. Koh is to issue a ruling on the request on September 20.

On Monday, Moody’s Investors Service issued a note saying the jury verdict was a credit negative for Samsung but that it “will not have any impact” on the company’s credit rating.

Don’t Miss: Here’s How Apple Plans to EXTERMINATE Samsung.