Large cap technology stocks are trading up this morning. Following is a look at the stories moving the stocks today.
- SAP AG (NYSE:SAP): SAP AG’s subsidiary Sybase announced integration with R, “the leading statistical programming language for data scientists and business analysts.” The shares recently traded at $61.91, up $0.78, or 1.28%, on the day. The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $46.70 to $68.39 and its market capitalization is $73.65 billion. About the company: SAP AG is a multinational software company. The Company develops business software, including e-business and enterprise management software, consults on organizational usage of its applications software, and provides training services. SAP markets its products and services worldwide.
- Apple, Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL): A company called VirnetX Holding Corp. (AMEX:VHC) has announced that it filed a lawsuit against Apple, Inc., alleging patent infringement. The shares recently traded at $405.26, up $5.68, or 1.44%, on the day. The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $297.76 to $426.70 and its market capitalization is $376.55 billion. About the company: Apple Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets personal computers and related personal computing and mobile communication devices along with a variety of related software, services, peripherals, and networking solutions. The Company sells its products worldwide through its online stores, its retail stores, its direct sales force, third-party wholesalers, and resellers.
- priceline.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:PCLN): The company’s third-quarter net income came in at $469.5 million, or $91.7 per share. The equivalent numbers for a year ago were $223 million in revenue and earnings of $4.41 per share. Revenue increased 45% to $1.45 billion from $1 billion a year ago. The shares recently traded at $530.50, up $21.50, or 4.26%, on the day. The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $384.25 to $561.88 and its market capitalization is $26.38 billion. About the company: Priceline.com Incorporated enables consumers to use the Internet to save money on a variety of products and services. The Company’s product allows customers to name their own price on products or services and communicates that demand directly to participating sellers or to their private databases. Participants include domestic and international airlines, and hotel chains.
- ASML Holding NV (NASDAQ:ASML): The shares recently traded at $42.79, up $1.04, or 2.49%, on the day. The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $30.65 to $45.92 and its market capitalization is $18.2 billion. About the company: ASML Holding N.V. develops, produces, and markets semiconductor manufacturing equipment. The Company’s products allow semiconductor manufacturers to choose the optimal numerical aperture and wavelength for their applications, assure uniformity, and produce more using less floor space.
- Baidu.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:BIDU): The company recently released version 1.3 of the Baidu Browser. The shares recently traded at $140.85, up $0.07, or 0.05%, on the day. The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $94.33 to $165.96 and its market capitalization is $49.18 billion. About the company: Baidu, Inc. operates an Internet search engine. The Company offers algorithmic search, enterprise search, pay for performance and news, MP3, and image searches.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>
Check out our analysis of Jim Cramer’s latest stock calls