Your Cheat Sheet to Jim Cramer’s May 12th Stock Picks
Following are 11 of his picks on May 12th. What do you think about these calls? Some interesting stats for the number crunchers:
1) The median market cap of these 11 stocks is 9.635B.
2) The average market cap is 53.669B.
3) The maximum market cap is 320.5B.
4) The minimum market cap is 679.4M.
5) The median stock is 5.02% off its high and 94.77% off its 52-week low.
6) The average stock is 5.23% off its high and 98.00% off its 52-week low.
7) The best-performing stock has increased 233.43% from its 52-week low.
8) The worst-performing stock has increased only 23.41% from its 52-week low.
Table: 11 Of Jim Cramer Calls on May 12th
|Company||Jim Cramer’s call||Exchange:Ticker||Price @ 05 12 mkt close||Market Cap||52-week high||52-week low||% off high||% off low|
|Acme Packet, Inc.||Buy||(NASDAQ:APKT)||$79.29||5.194B||84.50||23.78||6.17%||233.43%|
|SPDR Gold Trust||Buy||(NYSE:GLD)||$146.59||N/A||153.61||113.08||4.57%||29.63%|
|OmniVision Technologies Inc.||Buy||(NASDAQ:OVTI)||$34.05||1.960B||37.04||15.80||8.07%||115.51%|
|Washington Real Estate Investment Trust||Buy||(NYSE:WRE)||$32.63||2.152B||34.11||26.44||4.34%||23.41%|
1. Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL): Apple Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets personal computers and related personal computing and mobile communication devices along with a variety of related software, services, peripherals, and networking solutions. The Company sells its products worldwide through its online stores, its retail stores, its direct sales force, third-party wholesalers, and resellers.
2. Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN): Amazon.com, Inc. is an online retailer that offers a wide range of products. The Company’s products include books, music, videotapes, computers, electronics, home and garden, and numerous other products. Amazon offers personalized shopping services, Web-based credit card payment, and direct shipping to customers.
3. Acme Packet, Inc. (NASDAQ:APKT): Acme Packet, Inc. provides session border controllers for Internet service providers. The Company’s products consist of hardware and proprietary software that allow service providers to deliver interactive communications services such as voice over Internet protocol.
4. Caterpillar Inc. (NYSE:CAT): Caterpillar Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets construction, mining, agricultural, and forestry machinery. The Company also manufactures engines and other related parts for its equipment, and offers financing and insurance. Caterpillar distributes its products through a worldwide organization of dealers.
5. Enbridge Inc. (NYSE:ENB): Enbridge Inc. provides energy transportation, distribution, and related services in North America and internationally. The Company operates a crude oil and liquids pipeline system, is involved in international energy projects, and is involved in natural gas transmission and midstream businesses. Enbridge also distributes natural gas and electricity, and provides retail energy products.
6. SPDR Gold Trust (NYSE:GLD): SPDR Gold Trust is an investment fund incorporated in the USA. The investment objective of the Trust is for the Shares to reflect the performance of the price of gold bullion, less the Trust’s expenses. The Trust holds gold and is expected from time to time to issue Baskets in exchange for deposits of gold and to distribute gold in connection with redemptions of Baskets.
7. Heckmann Corporation (NYSE:HEK): Heckmann Corporation is an investment holding company, operating in the water industry. The Company, through its subsidiaries, provide water treatment and disposal services, operate bottling facilities, and transport water through pipelines.
8. Herbalife Ltd. (NYSE:HLF): Herbalife Ltd. is a network marketing company that sells weight management, nutritional supplement and personal care products. The Company sells its products globally through a network of independent distributors. Herbalife also sells literature and promotional materials.
9. Netflix, Inc. (NASDAQ:NFLX): Netflix Inc. is an online movie rental service. The Company ships DVDs with no due dates or late fees, directly to the subscriber’s address. Netflix also provides background information on DVD releases, including critic reviews, member reviews and ratings, and personalized movie recommendations.
10. OmniVision Technologies Inc. (NASDAQ:OVTI): OmniVision Technologies, Inc. provides integrated single chip semiconductor imaging devices. The Company designs, develops, and markets semiconductor imaging devices for computing, communications, and consumer electronics applications. OmniVision’s image sensor product is used in cameras and camera related products such as personal computer, digital, and security cameras.
11. Washington Real Estate Investment Trust (NYSE:WRE): Washington Real Estate Investment Trust is a self-administered equity real estate investment trust which invests in income-producing properties. The Company’s portfolio of assets consists of shopping centers, office buildings, high-rise apartment buildings and industrial properties located in the greater Washington-Baltimore region.