Following are 16 of his picks on May 17th. What do you think about these calls? Some interesting stats for the number crunchers:
1) The median market cap of these 16 stocks is 42.459B.
2) The average market cap is 60.787B.
3) The maximum market cap is 310.8B.
4) The minimum market cap is 894.4M.
5) The median stock is 11.58% off its high and 32.93% off its 52-week low.
6) The average stock is 14.38% off its high and 37.89% off its 52-week low.
7) The best-performing stock has increased 85.97% from its 52-week low.
8) The worst-performing stock has increased only 0.73% from its 52-week low.
Table: 16 Of Jim Cramer Calls on May 17th
|Company||Jim Cramer’s call||Exchange:Ticker||Price @ 05 17 mkt close||Market Cap||52-week high||52-week low||% off high||% off low|
|CME Group Inc.||Buy||(NASDAQ:CME)||$295.24||19.799B||330.99||234.50||10.80%||25.90%|
|Cisco Systems, Inc.||Sell||(NASDAQ:CSCO)||$16.64||91.653B||26.00||16.52||36.00%||0.73%|
|Darden Restaurants, Inc.||Buy||(NYSE:DRI)||$50.09||6.834B||50.84||37.08||1.48%||35.09%|
|Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc.||Buy||(NYSE:FCX)||$46.83||44.363B||61.35||28.36||23.66%||65.16%|
|The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc.||Sell||(NYSE:GS)||$140.81||72.902B||175.34||129.50||19.69%||8.73%|
|Honeywell International Inc.||Buy||(NYSE:HON)||$58.98||46.418B||62.28||37.89||5.30%||55.66%|
|Research In Motion Limited||Sell||(NASDAQ:RIMM)||$43.78||22.814B||70.54||42.53||37.94%||2.94%|
|Solar Capital Ltd.||Buy||(NASDAQ:SLRC)||$24.52||894.4M||25.93||18.75||5.44%||30.77%|
1. Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL): Apple Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets personal computers and related personal computing and mobile communication devices along with a variety of related software, services, peripherals, and networking solutions. The Company sells its products worldwide through its online stores, its retail stores, its direct sales force, third-party wholesalers, and resellers.
2. AutoZone Inc. (NYSE:AZO): AutoZone, Inc. is a specialty retailer of automotive replacement parts and accessories. The Company offers an extensive product line for cars, sport utility vehicles, vans and light trucks, including new and remanufactured automotive hard parts, maintenance items, accessories and non-automotive products. Autozone operates in United States and Puerto Rico, and Mexico.
3. Citigroup, Inc. (NYSE:C): Citigroup Inc. is a diversified financial services holding company that provides a broad range of financial services to consumer and corporate customers around the world. The Company’s services include investment banking, retail brokerage, corporate banking, and cash management products and services.
4. Caterpillar Inc. (NYSE:CAT): Caterpillar Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets construction, mining, agricultural, and forestry machinery. The Company also manufactures engines and other related parts for its equipment, and offers financing and insurance. Caterpillar distributes its products through a worldwide organization of dealers.
5. CME Group Inc. (NASDAQ:CME): CME Group Inc. operates a derivatives exchange that trades futures contracts and options on futures, interest rates, stock indexes, foreign exchange and commodities. The Exchange brings together buyers and sellers of derivatives products on its trading floors, electronic trading platform, and through privately negotiated transactions that it clears.
6. Cummins Inc. (NYSE:CMI): Cummins Inc. designs, manufactures, distributes and services diesel and natural gas engines. The Company also manufactures electric power generation systems and engine-related component products, including filtration and exhaust aftertreatment, fuel systems, controls, and air handling systems.
7. Cisco Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CSCO): Cisco Systems, Inc. supplies data networking products for the Internet. The Company’s Internet Protocol-based networking solutions are installed at corporations, public institutions and telecommunication companies worldwide. The Company’s solutions transport data, voice, and video within buildings, across campuses, and around the world.
8. Darden Restaurants, Inc. (NYSE:DRI): Darden Restaurants, Inc. operates casual dining restaurants in North America. The Company owns and operates seafood and Italian restaurants.
9. Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. (NYSE:FCX): Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc., through its subsidiary, is a copper, gold and molybdenum mining company. The Company primarily mines for copper and owns mining interests in Chile and Indonesia. Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold also, through a subsidiary, is involved in smelting and refining of copper concentrates.
10. The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (NYSE:GS): The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., a bank holding company, is a global investment banking and securities firm specializing in investment banking, trading and principal investments, asset management and securities services. The Company provides services to corporations, financial institutions, governments, and high-net worth individuals.
11. Honeywell International Inc. (NYSE:HON): Honeywell International Inc. is a diversified technology and manufacturing company with operations around the world. The Company provides aerospace products and services, control technologies, automotive products, and power generation systems. Honeywell also provides specialty chemicals, fibers, plastics, and electronic and advanced materials.
12. Hewlett-Packard Company (NYSE:HPQ): Hewlett-Packard Company provides imaging and printing systems, computing systems, and information technology services for business and home. The Company’s products include laser and inkjet printers, scanners, copiers and faxes, personal computers, workstations, storage solutions, and other computing and printing systems. Hewlett-Packard sells its products worldwide.
13. Kohl’s Corp. (NYSE:KSS): Kohl’s Corporation operates a chain of family-oriented department stores. The Company’s stores feature apparel, footwear and accessories for women, men and children; soft home products such as sheets and pillows; and housewares targeted to middle income customers. Kohl’s also offers online shopping as well as offers store credit cards.
14. Research In Motion Limited (NASDAQ:RIMM): Research In Motion Limited (RIM) designs, manufactures, and markets wireless solutions for the worldwide mobile communications market. The Company provides platforms and solutions for access to email, phone, SMS messaging, Internet, and Intranet-based applications.
15. Solar Capital Ltd. (NASDAQ:SLRC): Solar Capital Ltd. is an an externally managed finance company. The Company’s investment objective is to generate both current income and capital appreciation through debt and equity investments. Solar invests primarily in leveraged companies, including middle-market companies, in the form of senior secured loans, mezzanine loans and equity securities.
16. Walgreen Co. (NYSE:WAG): Walgreen Company operates retail drugstores that offer a wide variety of prescription and non-prescription drugs as well as general goods. The Company operates stores in the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Guam. Walgreen’s also offers health services, including primary and acute care, wellness, pharmacy and disease management services and health and fitness.