All of the People and Charities Taylor Swift Has Generously Donated Her Money To
Taylor Swift has been named one of the top-earning musicians of the decade. The singer rose to fame in the late 2000s and has since been making hundreds of millions of dollars by selling albums, touring, and securing lucrative endorsement deals.
Swift has been known to spend money in various ways, such as buying numerous homes and reportedly having a couple of private jets.
However, Swift does not just spend money on herself. Over the years, she has given away a lot in charitable donations. Read on below to find out more about the people and charities that Swift has supported.
Taylor Swift has made a lot of donations to disaster relief efforts
Swift has been known to donate money to aid disaster relief efforts in the United States. Here are the causes that she supported:
- $100,000 to the Red Cross to help victims of the Iowa flood in 2008
- $500,000 to the 2010 Nashville flood relief
- $750,000 to the 2011 tornado victims in the South
- $250,000 to the charity Nick’s Kids that help children affected by tornadoes in Alabama in 2011
- $1 million to the 2016 Louisiana flood relief
- $100,000 to the 2016 Tennessee wildfire relief
- An undisclosed amount to the Houston Food Bank after Hurricane Harvey in 2017
Taylor Swift also donates money to education
Education seems to be quite important to Swift, which is why she has made donations like:
- $68,000 worth of books to a library near her childhood home in 2011
- $50,000 to New York City’s public school system 2015
Being a singer, Swift also supports music education. She has given quite a lot of money to various programs that promote music, such as:
- $4 million to the Country Music Hall of Fame in 2012 to open the Taylor Swift Education Center
- $100,000 to the Nashville Symphony in 2014
- $50,000 to the Seattle Symphony Orchestra in 2015
- An undisclosed amount to the Regent Park School of Music in Toronto in 2019
Swift supports political causes with her money
Swift has been known to lend her voice to a few political causes. However, she does not just talk about issues that she believes in, she actually gives money to support the people working on those issues as well. Here are the donations that Swift has made to political causes:
- $113,000 to The Tennessee Equality Project in 2019
- An undisclosed amount to GLAAD in 2019
In addition to the above causes, Swift also donated undisclosed amounts to various charities that support victims of sexual assault.
Swift gives a lot of money to fans and people close to her
Swift has also been generous with money when it comes to her fans and those who are close to her. For example, Swift gave:
- $1,989 checks to two fans in 2014
- $50,000 to help her backup dancer’s nephew who was battling cancer in 2015
- $15,000 to help an injured firefighter’s family in 2015
- $10,000 to an autistic boy who was trying to get a service dog in 2016
- $250,000 to Kesha during her sexual assault lawsuit against producer Dr. Luke in 2016
- $15,500 to help a fan whose mother was in a coma in 2018
- $4,829 for a fan’s college tuition in 2019
Swift has actually donated quite a huge amount of money to various GoFundMe causes that she became the person who donated the most money in the site’s history.
Taylor Swift also reportedly leaves generous tips to waiters. In 2013, she left a $500 tip for waiters at a Philadelphia restaurant and gave the head chef two tickets to her concert.