‘Animal Crossing: New Horizons’: Brewster Rewards and Friendship Guide
Animal Crossing: New Horizons finally added fan-favorite NPC Brewster and The Roost Cafe with its massive Update 2.0. Many players were thrilled to see the pigeon barista set up shop on their islands, as he’s been an Animal Crossing staple for decades. The Roost Cafe has become another place in the Nintendo game for players to gather with friends, and the coffee shop even provides new chances for players to interact with other NPCs. Plus, Brewster has a secret: he rewards frequent customers.
The more you buy coffee, the better the gifts Brewster will give. But how much caffeine do you need to virtually consume to get every reward? Here’s the full list.
How to unlock Brewster and The Roost in ‘Animal Crossing: New Horizons’
When you’ve donated enough art to the museum, Blathers gets a thought bubble above his head the next time you visit. Talk to him, and he tells you about his friend Brewster and how the cafe might drum up more visitors for the museum. He gives you a photo of Brewster and tasks you with finding the pigeon to recruit him.
You can find Brewster on your first boat tour with Kapp’n, which costs 1,000 miles. While on the mystery island, you can invite Brewster to open his cafe at the museum. He’s eager to do so, but the museum will have to close the next day for renovations. After that, The Roost will open with 24/7 hours. You can buy as many cups of coffee as you’d like per day for 200 bells each. After your first few cups, Brewster allows you to purchase takeout coffee for 300 bells.
All Brewster rewards in ‘Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ and when to get them
Brewster knows that one of the best ways to bring customers back is to reward them for frequent visits. So, when you sit down to enjoy a cup o’ joe with him, it counts toward a prize. However, it’s important to note that only your first cup of the day will be counted. As Animal Crossing World notes, Brewster has seven items to give. They are:
- Roost Sablé Cookie recipe: A DIY unlocked at 5 cups of coffee. The recipe calls for 1 Flour and 2 Sugar, which you can get by growing wheat and sugarcane.
- Coffee beans: A furniture item unlocked at 10 cups of coffee. You’ll get one of five variations — Original, Mocha, Kilimanjaro, Blue Mountain, or Decaf.
- Cup with saucer: A furniture item unlocked at 15 cups of coffee. The Roost Cafe’s logo sits on the side of the cup.
- Coffee plant: A furniture item unlocked at 20 cups of coffee.
- Siphon: A furniture item unlocked at 30 cups of coffee.
- Pro coffee grinder: A furniture item unlocked at 40 cups of coffee.
- Brewstoid: A special gyroid unlocked at 50 cups of coffee. It’s modeled after Brewster, but sings and dances like a regular gyroid.
With only one cup a day, it can take a while to earn every reward. Make sure to visit Brewster every day to earn “points.” If you aren’t sure how many cups you’ve bought, you can always check the Nook Miles app under the “Come Home to the Roost” achievement. Just like Brewster’s rewards, you earn points toward Nook Miles with one purchase per day.
Does Brewster get friendlier?
Brewster might come off as rude at first because he’s not very talkative. However, this character is similar to Sable at Able Sisters’ in that he’ll warm up to you. Every time you visit, the dialogue opens up for more chatting. Sometimes, he’ll even offer his special pigeon milk for your coffee — a true sign of Brewster’s friendship.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons is available now on Nintendo Switch, as well as the Happy Home Paradise DLC.