‘Dancing with the Stars’: First Perfect Score, Bottom 2, and Who Went Home Week 5 ‘Grease’ Night
Dancing with the Stars returned with another themed night of dance on Oct. 18, 2021. So far, the ABC competition series has featured a Britney Spears Night and Disney Week, wherein the celebrities performed two songs inspired by Disney heroes and villains. This week, the season 30 celebs danced to songs inspired by the 1978 movie Grease.
Find out who was in the bottom two during Grease night. Plus, which celebrity pairing got the first perfect score of the season and who was eliminated from Dancing with the Stars Season 30.
‘Grease’ Night featuring special guests Olivia Newton-John, Frankie Avalon, and Didi Conn
“Olivia Newton-John will be making a surprise guest appearance on Monday’s show,” a DWTS rep teased to E News on Oct. 17. “[They’ll] support the competing couples who will dance to the music from her iconic film role.” Throughout the night, Newton-John shared her memories being part of the Grease cast, plus laid the groundwork for each song, which was performed in the same order as the movie.
Crooner and Grease star Frankie Avalon also appeared during the Dancing with the Stars theme night. He performed “Beauty School Dropout,” just as his role Teen Angel did in the 1978 film, while Amanda Kloots danced with Alan Bersten. Plus, Didi Conn, who plays Frenchie in the movie, showed up for Kloots DWTS Season 30 competitors, providing her encouragement via Zoom before her near-perfect-score performance.
Scores for the ‘Grease’ inspired performances on ‘Dancing with the Stars,’ including first perfect score in season 30
Once again, all four judges scored the performances during week 5 of Dancing with the Stars Season 30. Here’s how the celebrities scored during the night:
- Olivia Jade and Val Chmerkovskiy: 36/40 for their foxtrot to “Summer Nights”
- Melora Hardin and Artem Chigvintsev: 36/40 for their Viennese waltz to “Look At Me, I’m Sandra Dee”
- Iman Shumpert and Daniella Karagach: 28/40 for their Viennese waltz to “Hopelessly Devoted To You”
- Mike “The Miz Mizanin and Witney Carson: 32/40 for their jive to “Greased Lightnin'”
- Kloots and Bersten: 39/40 for their Viennese waltz to “Beauty School Dropout”
- Suni Lee and Sasha Farber: 36/40 for their Charleston to “Born to Hand Jive”
- Jimmie Allen and Emma Slater: 34/40 for their foxtrot to “Sandy”
- Kenya Moore and Brandon Armstrong: 36/40 for their rumba to “There Are Worse Things I Could Do”
- JoJo Siwa and Jenna Johnson: 40/40 for their foxtrot to “Look At Me, I’m Sandra Dee (Reprise)” — the first perfect score of the season
- Melanie C and Gleb Savchenko: 36/40 for their quickstep to “You’re The One That I Want”
- Cody Rigsby and Cheryl Burke: 32/40 for their quickstep to “We Go Together”
The judges save Olivia Jade, eliminate Mel C. from ‘Dancing with the Stars’ Season 30
So far, Martin Kove, Christine Chiu, Matt James, and Brian Austin Green have been eliminated from Dancing with the Stars. This week, Spice Girl Mel C. and YouTuber Jade were in the bottom two. Like last week with Moore and James, the judges did not unanimously agree, so Len Goodman had to step in. He made the final decision to save Jade.
Tune in next week to see the remaining contestants dance in another themed episode, Horror Night. Watch Dancing with the Stars on ABC Mondays at 8 PM EST.