‘Dancing with the Stars’: ‘Grease’ Night Will Feature Iconic Songs Like ‘Sandy’ and ‘Summer Nights,’ Plus Several Guest Stars
Get ready to hand jive, DWTS fans! Dancing with the Stars has had several theme nights so far in season 30. On Oct. 18, the celebrities will be dancing to songs from the 1978 movie Grease starring John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John. Find out which songs each celebrity couple will dance to on Dancing with the Stars Grease Night, plus details about the guest stars this week.
‘Grease’ songs and dance styles on ‘Dancing with the Stars’
Once again, the celebrities of season 30 with perform an array of ballroom dance styles during Grease Night. As pro Cheryl Burke’s partner Cody Rigsby pointed out on her Instagram Stories on Oct. 17, the dances are 30 seconds longer this week. “It’s like a dance and a half,” Rigsby says in the video. From this point on, the dances are going to continue getting longer as more celebrities are eliminated from the competition.
But for tonight’s slightly extended dances, the couples will perform to the following songs from Grease (via ABC):
- Rigsby and Burke: quickstep to “We Go Together”
- Jimmie Allen and Emma Slater: foxtrot to “Sandy”
- Melanie C and Gleb Savchenko: quickstep to “You’re The One That I Want”
- Melora Hardin and Artem Chigvintsev: Viennese waltz to “Look At Me, I’m Sandra Dee”
- Olivia Jade and Val Chmerkovskiy: foxtrot to “Summer Nights”
- Amanda Kloots and Alan Bersten: Viennese waltz to “Beauty School Dropout”
- Suni Lee and Sasha Farber: charleston to “Born to Hand Jive”
- Mike “The Miz Mizanin and Witney Carson: jive to “Greased Lightnin'”
- Kenya Moore and Brandon Armstrong: rumba to “There Are Worse Things I Could Do”
- Iman Shumpert and Daniella Karagach: Viennese waltz to “Hopelessly Devoted To You”
- JoJo Siwa and Jenna Johnson: foxtrot to “Look At Me, I’m Sandra Dee (Reprise)”
Olivia Newton-John to appear on ‘DWTS’ ‘Grease’ Night
Newton-John played the female lead, Sandy Olsson, in the hit 1978 musical film. But on Oct. 18, the actor/singer will appear on Dancing with the Stars.
“Olivia Newton-John will be making a surprise guest appearance on Monday’s show, in support of the competing couples who will dance to the music from her iconic film role,” a rep for the show told E News. But she’s not the only guest appearance fans can expect during Grease Night.
Crooner Frankie Avalon, who also appeared in Grease, will sing “Beauty School Dropout” live in the ballroom on Oct. 18. Plus, Didi Conn, who played Frenchie in the film, will also appear.
Which celebrities have been eliminated from ‘Dancing with the Stars’ Season 30?
The competition started with 15 couples, but now, 11 celebrities remain. The first week, there was no elimination, but in week two, Martin Kove and his partner Britt Stewart were eliminated. Later, in week three’s Britney Spears Night, Bling Empire star Christine Chiu was eliminated.
Most recently, fan votes and the judges’ scores sent two celebrities home during the Disney Night eliminations. The judges eliminated The Bachelor star Matt James and Beverly Hills 90210 actor Brian Austin Green from the season 30 competition.
When is the ‘DWTS’ Season 30 finale?
On Oct. 18, another celebrity will be eliminated from Dancing with the Stars during Grease Night. Right now, the rest of DWTS Season 30 is scheduled as follows:
- Monday, Oct. 25: Horror Night, one elimination
- Monday, Nov. 1: Queen Night, one elimination
- Monday, Nov. 8: Fashion Night (tentatively), double elimination
- Monday, Nov. 15: Semi-Finale, double elimination
- Monday, Nov. 22: Finale
Dancing with the Stars airs Monday nights at 8 PM EST on ABC.