‘Dancing with the Stars’ Horror Night Will Include Performances Inspired by ‘A Quiet Place’ and Stephen King’s ‘IT’
Every year, Dancing with the Stars goes all out with a horror-themed night of ballroom dance. Find out which horror films inspired the dances the season 30 celebrities and their pro dance partners will perform in the DWTS ballroom this week, including iconic horror films created by Stephen King, Jordan Peele, and James Wan.
‘Dancing with the Stars’ Horror Night dance styles and songs
On Oct. 25, Halloween comes to the Dancing with the Stars ballroom. According to ABC, the DWTS Season 30 cast will perform to these songs during Horror Night:
- Jimmie Allen and Emma Slater: contemporary to “Say Something” by Daniel Jang inspired by A Quiet Place
- Melora Hardin and Artem Chigvintsev: jive to “Hound Dog” by Elvis Presley inspired by Cujo
- Olivia Jade and Val Chmerkovskiy: paso doble to “Beggin'” by Måneskin inspired by The Purge
- Amanda Kloots and Alan Bersten: Argentine tango to “Paint It, Black” by Ciara inspired by SAW
- Suni Lee and Sasha Farber: tango to “Bad Habits” by Ed Sheeran inspired by The Vampire Diaries
- Mike “The Miz” Mizanin and Witney Carson: paso doble to “Wicked Games” by RAIGN inspired by Hellraiser
- Kenya Moore and Brandon Armstrong: Argentine tango to “Take My Breath” by The Weeknd inspired by Arachnophobia
- Cody Rigsby and Cheryl Burke: cha cha to “There Will Be Blood” by Kim Petras inspired by American Psycho
- Iman Shumpert and Daniella Karagach: contemporary to “I Got 5 On It (Tethered Mix from US)” by Luniz ft. Michael Marshall inspired by US
- JoJo Siwa and Jenna Johnson: jazz to “Anything Goes” by District 78 ft. Patrice Covington inspired by IT
‘Dancing with the Stars’ theme nights and season 30 finale details
So far, Dancing with the Stars Season 30 has featured theme nights inspired by Disney, Britney Spears, and the movie Grease. There are still several more themed nights of dance to come in season 30 of Dancing with the Stars.
Here’s what the rest of the schedule looks like for the remaining performances in the competition:
- Monday, Nov. 1: Queen Night, with a single elimination
- Monday, Nov. 8: Fashion Night (tentatively), with a double elimination
- Monday, Nov. 15: Semi-Finale, with a double elimination
The DWTS Season 30 finale will air on Monday, Nov. 22. Find out who wins the Mirrorball Trophy then! Plus, see the return of those celebrity contestants eliminated thus far this season, including Martin Kove, Christine Chiu, Matt James, Brian Austin Green, and Melanie Chisholm.
Derek Hough will perform during ‘DWTS’ Horror Night
Ballroom pro dancer and current member of the judges’ panel Derek Hough is slated to perform in the ballroom during the Dancing with the Stars Horror Night. “I’ve really enjoyed being a judge on @dancingabc, but this Monday, I get from behind the desk and hit the dance floor,” Hough teased on Instagram on Oct. 23.
In a post on the Dancing with the Stars Instagram, Hough said he and Hayley Erbert have “an incredible routine planned.” The performance will feature additional dancers, as well as “music, love, passion but most of all — horror.”
Watch Dancing with the Stars Monday nights at 8 PM EST on ABC.