Joanna Gaines’ No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
If you’re a big fan of fall, one of your favorite parts of this time of year is likely pumpkin spice. It’s a popular ingredient in foods during the fall. For former Fixer Upper star Joanna Gaines, pumpkin spice is a sign fall has arrived. In celebration of this season, Gaines shared a no-bake pumpkin cheesecake recipe with her blog readers:
Although the weather is still warm, fall is just about here. The surest sign is pumpkin spice beginning to pop up all around, so today we’ve put together a quick and easy dessert recipe that will warm you up to fall and ease you into the annual pumpkin craze. And did we mention it’s a no-bake recipe?
Gaines said she likes this recipe because it’s simple and it tastes good. She also says this treat can be given out as gifts to friends and neighbors when the dessert is added to a mason jar and decorated. We’re sure you’ll become the favorite neighbor and friend if you bring a jar of pumpkin cheesecake with you to gatherings. Gaines also recommends giving this recipe as an appreciation gift:
Maybe the very best part about this recipe is that they’re not only easy to make, but equally as cute as they are tasty. Add the recipe into a mason jar, and it makes the perfect gift. Think hostess gift, housewarming, “welcome to the neighborhood,” teacher or a “just because” appreciation gift. Just tie a twill ribbon, and add a fall leaf, like we did.
Here’s Joanna Gaines’ no-bake pumpkin cheesecake recipe.
- 10 graham crackers, crushed into crumbs
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 large tub (12 oz.) whipped topping (Cool Whip)
1. Crush graham crackers and mix with butter. Press onto the bottom of jar or serving glass.
2. With a mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth, then add pumpkin, vanilla, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix it all together until it’s creamy.
3. Add half of the whipped topping or whipped cream and gently stir it together.
4. To assemble, spoon a layer of your pumpkin cheesecake mix over the cookies in each jar and top with whipped cream if desired.
Source: Joanna Gaines
Read more: Why Joanna Gaines Says She’s a Homebody
Check out Showbiz Cheat Sheet on Facebook!