Megan the Stallion Says She Ignored a Gut Feeling the Night of Tory Lanez Incident
Megan The Stallion previously took to Instagram Live to speak briefly about the Tory Lanez incident during which she says he shot in her feet. Now, she’s opening up again about the fateful day by telling more of her story in a new interview with GQ.
While speaking with the publication, the rapper chronicled the events that led up to the shooting, which included her ignoring a gut feeling that told her not to get in the car that July night.
What happened between Megan The Stallion and Tory Lanez’s that night in July?
The situation between Megan The Stallion and Tory Lanez happened in the early hours of July 12, 2020. Shortly after Megan and Lanez left a pool party in Hollywood Hills and hopped into an SUV with two others, an argument broke out inside their car, resulting in gunshots.
When responding officers arrived at the scene, they found an injured Megan, who initially claimed that she had cut her feet on broken glass.
A few days after the incident took place, media outlets reported that Megan actually suffered gunshot wounds to both her feet and that Lanez was the one who fired the shots.
Megan The Stallion details the incident in a new interview
In a new interview with GQ, Megan The Stallion recalled the events that took place that fateful night, giving a little insight into what really happened between her and Lanez.
The “WAP” hitmaker explained that shortly after leaving the pool party, something told her to get out of the car and find another way home. Though she had exited the vehicle to call for a different ride, the rapper realized that her phone had died and that she was only wearing a swimsuit.
At the persistence of the other passengers in the vehicle, Megan got back into the SUV, ignoring the gut feeling telling her not to.
Shortly after Megan got into the car, an argument quickly began “brewing.” Not wanting to be part of the drama, Megan tried getting out of the vehicle a second time and find another way home. But as she exited the car, the rapper says Lanez started shooting at her feet.
“Like, I never put my hands on nobody,” she says. “I barely even said anything to the man who shot me when I was walking away. We were literally like five minutes away from the house.”
Megan says Tory Lanez tried to buy her silence following the incident
The rapper goes on to share that following the incident, Lanez begged her not to say anything. He even tried offering her money to stay quiet.
“[At this point] I’m really scared because this is like right in the middle of all the protesting,” Megan explains. “Police are just killing everybody for no reason, and I’m thinking, I can’t believe you even think I want to take some money. Like, you just shot me.”
Though she didn’t say Lanez had shot her when police arrived, Megan later revealed on Instagram Live that he was the one who pulled the trigger and wounded her that night.
“Yes … Tory shot me. You shot me and you got your publicist and your people going to these blogs lying,” the 25-year-old rapper said in an Aug. 20 video. “Stop lying. Why lie? I don’t understand.”
As for Tory, he’s continued to deny shooting Megan in her feet. But despite maintaining his innocence throughout, the “Say It” singer was recently charged with one count of felony assault with a semiautomatic firearm and one count of carrying a loaded, unregistered firearm in a vehicle.
He’s also been ordered to stay at least 100 yards away from Megan Thee Stallion and is to have no contact with her.