Meghan Markle Blames the British Media for Ruining Her Relationship With Her Father

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, and Prince Harry have been trying to carve out a new life for themselves in LA. The pair left the U.K. and their roles as senior members of the British royal family for a new life in America.

The duo had hoped to help lead the royals into a more modern era. However, royal traditions and the constant attacks from the British media and public nearly paralyzed the couple, and they felt they had no choice but to leave.

Unfortunately, Meghan is still entangled with the British press. She is currently in the midst of a privacy suit against Mail on Sunday and Associated Newspapers Limited. It seems like in addition to the harassment that she faced, the duchess is also blaming the media for her estranged relationship with her father, Thomas Markle.

RELATED: Meghan Markle Should Have Followed in Kate Middleton’s Footsteps and Ignored Bad Press, Expert Says

Meghan Markle is furious with the British media

The royal family has a “stiff upper lip” policy when it comes to dealing with the media. However, it was something Meghan refused to adhere to. In fact, she explained that she felt helpless when she was unable to defend herself against rumors and lies.

The privacy claim reads,

The Claimant had become the subject of a large number of false and damaging articles by the UK tabloid media, specifically by the Defendant, which caused tremendous emotional distress and damage to her mental health. As her friends had never seen her in this state before, they were rightly concerned for her welfare, specifically as she was pregnant, unprotected by the Institution, and prohibited from defending herself. The stance of “no comment” was taken by the KP Communications Team without any discussion with or approval by the Claimant, as is standard practice for Royal communications. 

RELATED: Meghan Markle Is Not Trying to Attack the Royal Family With Her Recent Claims, Source Says

Meghan Markle’s father has been desperately trying to contact her

In an effort to clap back at Mail on Sunday and clear up some of the rumors about her, the duchess has also released some private text messages between herself and her father, Thomas Markle. Meghan has been estranged from her father since 2018.

Following the duchess engagement to Prince Harry, Markle began speaking to the press despite the duchess begging him not to. He also staged some paparazzi photos for pay and refused to attend her wedding. The duchess has since cut off all communication with him.

Though he previously said he would never stop speaking to the press for pay, it looks like he may have had a change of heart following the Sussexes’ move to LA.

US Weekly is reporting that Markle has been  “continuing to try and get in contact” with his daughter since her move back to the States.” Apparently all of the letters he’s sent to Meghan and Prince Harry’s current residence have remained unopen.

RELATED: Meghan Markle Just Shared Private Text Messages She Sent To Her Father Proving He Hasn’t Been Honest

Meghan Markle blames the British media for her estranged relationship with her father

In a recent filing amid Meghan’s lawsuit to counter claims that the she never provided her 75-year-old father with financial assistance, the duchess now directly blames the British media for the demise of her relationship with her father. The documents read,

[Meghan] had a very close father/daughter relationship throughout her childhood and remained close until he was targeted three years ago by intrusive UK tabloid media.