Meghan Markle Just Shared Private Text Messages She Sent To Her Father Proving He Hasn’t Been Honest
Meghan, Duchess of Sussex has had to deal with a lot since marrying into the British royal family. Though the former actress was initially welcomed in the U.K., her American sensibility and her lack of understanding when it came to royal traditions quickly put her add odds with the British press and public.
Unfortunately, it was not simply outsiders that the duchess had to contend with. The duchess’ father, Thomas Markle also began speaking to tabloids and even publishing their private correspondence for payment. As a result, the duchess no longer has a relationship with her elderly father.
The duchess is currently suing Mail on Sunday for publishing a private letter she wrote to her father. As a result, she’s submitted text messages she sent to her dad that prove that Markle hasn’t exactly been honest about the things he’s said about the duchess and Prince Harry.
Meghan Markle has been estranged from her father since 2018
The Duchess of Sussex has always spoken warmly about her father. Thomas Markle was even set to walk her down the aisle at her 2018 wedding to Prince Harry. Unfortunately, that never came to fruition.
Instead of attending the wedding, Markle told his daughter he was experiencing some health issues. He then stagged some paparazzi photos for pay. He also began speaking about her to the press. Markle’s actions also embolden her half-siblings, Thomas Markle, Jr. and Samatha Markle to begin speaking about her to the press.
As a result, Markle has cut off her entire paternal family. They’ve never even met her 11-month-old son, Archie Harrison.
Thomas Markle says he will never stop talking to the press about Meghan Markle
Despite the fact that his daughter has cut him out of her life and he has never even met his grandson, Markle has declared he will never stop talking to the press. “I’m going to defend myself,” he boasted in the documentary Thomas Markle: My Story. “And I’m going to be paid for it. I’m not going to refuse to get paid for it. I’ll do future things and be paid for it, I think. I don’t care. At this point, they owe me. The royals owe me. Harry owes me. Meghan owes me. What I have been through, I should be rewarded for. My daughter told me that when I reach my senior years, she would take care of me. I’m in my senior years now. I’m 75 years old, so it’s time to look after Daddy.”
Markle has also shared his opinions on Megixt saying, “It’s disappointing because she actually got every girl’s dream.”
Inside Meghan Markle’s private text messages to her father
In their case against Mail on Sunday, the Sussexes legal team just shared text messages between the duke, the duchess, and Thomas Markle. Markle had accused the couple of admonishing him for staging the paparazzi photos prior to their wedding and not caring about his health. The text messages prove a different story. It proves that the Sussexes attempted to reach Markle several times, but he never engaged or responded.
- Tom, it’s Harry and I’m going to call you right now.”
- “Tom, it’s Harry again! Really need to speak to u. U do not need to apologize, we understand the circumstances but ‘going public’ will only make the situation worse. If u love Meg and want to make it right please call me as there are two other options which don’t involve u having to speak to the media, who incidentally created this whole situation. So please call me so I can explain. Meg and I are not angry, we just need just to speak to u. Thanks.”
- “Oh any speaking to the press WILL backfire, trust me Tom. Only we can help you, as we have been trying from day 1.”
- I’ve been reaching out to you all weekend but you’re not taking any of our calls or replying to our texts … Very concerned about your health and safety and have taken every measure to protect you but not sure what we can do if you don’t respond … Do you need help? Can we send the security team down again? I’m very sorry to hear you’re in the hospital but need you to please get in touch with us … What hospital are you at?”
- “Harry and I made the decision earlier today and are dispatching the same security guys you turned away this weekend to be a presence on the ground to make sure you’re safe … they will be there at your disposal as soon as you need them. Please please call as soon as you can … all of this is incredibly concerning but your health is most important.”
It’s very unfortunate that it’s come to this.